Janelle Monáe, Icon - Dirty Computer | Page 87 | The Popjustice Forum

Janelle Monáe, Icon - Dirty Computer

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LE0Night, Feb 16, 2018.

1. I love that it feels like Janelle has transitioned from musician to global popstar and that this is only just the start.

nooniebao, Sam, LPT and 5 others like this.
  2. This lineup though!

So PYNK!

3. This interview is a gift

4. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Who gave her the RIGHT to look this incredible?!

Everyone else in the music industry found dead in a ditch.

5. I can’t believe it’s been a year already

djmakemewet, inevitable and Artemisia like this.
  6. An album that really came along at the right time last year to set some of my shit straight that was going on with me. I think that’s why I am so personally attached to the project and will forever be in love with it. I know it’s not entirely made for my white ass but Janelle really made me feel not as lost in the world if that makes sense? I’m talking personally and even politically. Bless her and I will forever stan.

zacagay, Island, Kuhleezi and 18 others like this.
  7. Janelle is a treasure to pop culture. I’d love to see her and Lizzo collaborate.

8. Apparently Janelle is dating Lupita Nyong’o?

Ms Monae working here way through them Marvel girls...

Also her MET gala outfit was wonderful.

Ray and sugarcoma like this.
  9. When 'Make Me Feel' dropped with the music video, I swear I've never been so decimated before in my life.

aux, Kuhleezi, AmericanMoney and 10 others like this.
  10. Just got bogof tickets for her show at Wembley from ticket master after regretting not buying them when they went on sale glad I held back.

Cannot wait to hear “make me feel” live which has been my ringtone since it’s release.

londonrain and LPT like this.
  11. Where did you get those from? I saw her at the roundhouse last year but now I'm tempted. I did think Wembley was a very ambitious venue audience wise, but she certainly has the presence and show to handle it!

*edit* Never mind you literally said where in your post!

londonrain and PaperMadeMan like this.
  12. There’s a flash 2x1 sale????!!!!

I’m so tempted right now dhdjdjsjkgkr

londonrain and PaperMadeMan like this.
  13. On the cover of one of PAPER Magazine’s Pride issues:

Posh Spears, 2014, dirtypony and 14 others like this.
  14. WAIT!
    I’m front row at Janelle Glastonbury and her choreographer just came down and asked me if I would be up for coming on stage to dance with her in one of the numbers. They asked a funky black lad , a black girl in neon and a gay in unicorn colours. I’m dressed like someone’s dad. The dad contingent!!
    Help . This could be my #gayrights moment.
    Shooketh
    I bet I don’t make the cut. I’m gonna be shaking like a shitting dog the whole show now!!!
    FUCK!!!
    Pray for me girls

15. Monáe Faces 'Processed Juice' Accusations.

16. Her Glastonbury set was incredible, I need to see her live again.

17. Recorded. Can't wait to watch!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.