Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid (Metropolis Suites II & III) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid (Metropolis Suites II & III)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by clockworknovak, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halfway through impressions are : Beautiful, completely unmarketable.

2. I gave this girl a chance and bought her album for £7 after only hearing Tightrope.

It's quite good, the CD was screaming for a massive glossy booklet but hey. And the Of Montreal track is simply AMAZING x100.

3. I think that's why I love it. I hate watered-down, made-for-radio songs.

4. Cold war would make a good smash hit no?
    If anyone is put off buying this because of the android concept etc dont be, i wanted to delve into it more but it harldy seems to be there at first, (its a bit like a novel that its not untill you live with it that you start to see recurring symbols and themes) but again its just good music at the end of the day.
    I think Janelle is the marketing USP. Get here on the chatshows and she will soar.

5. IotV

IotV Guest

Just listened to her EP, and am buying this now.

It's been a very long time since I was bowled over by a musician like this. Maybe never.

It's also quite embarrassing more people are interested in Katie Price's "music" than this.

6. slimane

slimane Guest

There's still an art to commercial songwriting it's not easy to write commercial hits...but yes this record is E mazing.

7. Cold War is the next single thankfully.

8. RRC

RRC

I'd have preferred 'Locked Inside'. I wonder why Radio didn't touch 'Tightrope'?

9. Have you looked at the most recent top 50 airplay chart? There's barely a decent song in the lot. There's no way something like Tightrope (or even Cold War) gets played on commercial radio.

10. Janelle has to be one of the most highly tipped artits around and from the first listen of her debut '' The Archandroid'' you can tell why.
    do u believe the hype?

11. I feel the album is suffering from multiple personality disorder, i dunno, I just feel like they threw the kitchen sink at it and don't really think they pulled it off. But there are some amazing tracks in there. I really love 'Oh Maker' and 'Dance Or Die'.

12. Never heard of her before, but I've gone and downloaded this album after reading a glowing review in the weekend papers, which compared it to the vibe of late 80s Prince.

Keep thinking the title is The Arachnid for some reason!

EG.

13. Sorry if this has been discussed already, but is it worth buying the physical album, or shall I just download it now for instant aceness?

14. The physical version is ALWAYS the best option. I dunno why people prefer to spend cash on something that has no instrinsic value. I'm assuming by 'download' you mean the legal variety?

Anyway the vinyl version is dropping early next month. Which I will be picking up for sure.

15. The CD isn't great though, poor excuse for a 'booklet' and not very well designed.

16. Do people still buy CDs? I couldn't stand all the clutter.

17. IotV

IotV Guest

Does the booklet have lyrics? I'm going to buy the album either way, but it's nice to know.

18. No it doesn't. Hence the poor excuse comment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.