Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (12th Album) | Page 145 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (12th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 18, 2017.

1. The interview can be seen here (swipe for the next page). For anyone wondering: she will not comment on the MJ allegations/documentary.

2. Interesting that she reveals that she’s in therapy. Good for her.

3. Lovely interview, thank you very much for posting.
    I always thought that J would be the kind of person that would offer drinks and fruits to an interviewer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  4. I have Made for Now stuck in my head again for some odd reason and I haven’t listened to it in forever. Damnit, Janet!

LP and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  5. Hurrah! It's such a feel good bop, and dare I say it, top 10 Janet for me now.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  6. For NOOOOW, not 2morr, made.for.nooow, loo-ka-rooundd!

It's instant... I only read the thread's title and my day is like this.

7. I’m really excited to watch her Glastonbury set on TV this weekend. I’ve only got into her fairly recently and I’ve never really seen what sort of live performer she is. Up for it.

8. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

I know it's only June, but I'm wondering if we're actually getting an album this year... things just seem oddly quiet.

(Then again, we've seen what happens when she's rushed and when she's not, so lemme shut up and trust my good sis.)

9. I hope they’re just waiting until Q4 to let us know what’s going on. It’s been nearly one year since “Made For Now” and the planned EP. No rush on the material, but it would be nice to have an update.

inevitable, Jacques, nikkysan and 5 others like this.
  10. I'd happily take a new single if nothing else.

Music Is Life likes this.
  11. I’m thinking she’s set to concentrate on releasing the next album in 2020. She really doesn’t feel the need to rush things anymore. She shelved nearly two albums worth of material between Discipline and Unbreakable. Whenever she talks about writing new music don’t assume it’s going to materialize right away. Anymore she’s constantly working on something with no time table attached. She probably has the freedom to work that way now that she’s not attached to a major label. It’s all on her own terms.

It’s actally a good thing she’s concentrating on performing right now. After re-establishing herself as an act you could count on to not cancel with Up Close and Personal, she faced a setback after the Unbreakable Tour fiasco. Now she’s trustworthy to investors again after not cancelling during The State of the World Tour and Metamorphosis, not to mention the festivals she’s doing.

12. Hoping Glasto goes great and leads to UK/EU dates, gotta be.

13. Almost forgot she’s playing Glasto.
    Hope she extends the tour down under, I really need to see Janet live someday.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  14. I believe the Sunday Times interview was done as promotion for Glastonbury. She then has another festival coming up soon after in, I think, Switzerland. Elton John is also doing that one. Then it's back to Metamorphosis... and lastly the 30th anniversary of "Rhythm Nation" show.

Humanracin likes this.
  15. She's so busy, but yeah I hope it's the "Rhythm Nation" show that comes here eventually.

16. U fake fuks aren’t discussing that her glasto set just begun?

LP, Damita Jo and Jacques like this.
  17. Trust A Try is an interesting start

18. She’s on Radio 2 now, I think they’re playing the whole set.

LP likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.