Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (12th Album) | Page 151 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (12th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 18, 2017.

1. LPT

LPT

It's just getting ridiculous at this stage. Made For Never .

2. I wonder if this album will ever happen?!

3. dead.

Rei Ayanami, SecretsOfFatima and LPT like this.
  4. I’ve been thinking it’s probably penciled for next year. This year seemed to be all about hitting the stage. It sounds like a lot of it is already done. I knew with the making of Unbreakable which included two previously shelved album projects before it that she takes her time now. She doesn’t have a label to bow to anymore.

Rei Ayanami and LPT like this.
  5. Exciting!

LPT and beautifulmorning like this.
  6. Excited! Although I fear there is no album on the horizon as I imagine he would have let that slip?

7. I would like to see it.

8. I dunno. He may want to leave it to her to announce it. They definitely worked on new material for an EP or album, so he knows there’s material. He may just not know for sure what her plans are yet. I still think next year is gonna be her new album year and probably another residency in support of it (and the hits).

Music Is Death likes this.
  9. Its on Jam and Lewis's album...

beautifulmorning likes this.
  10. Ok so the gap between Unbreakable and her new project is the same as the gap between Make Me and The Ones Tour.
    We’re back to a five year cycle. I didn’t think we’d be this far out but I suppose the baby played into this.

11. I never expected we'd get Unbreakable, let alone something that breathtakingly good. I'm happy to keep waiting if it means we get something as good.

12. From Rhythm Nation through All for You, the albums came nearly 4 years apart (1989-1993, 1993-1997, 1997-2001). If Janet was doing her famous 4 year album cycle again, we’d be getting a new album this year. Since she’s independent now, I think that plays a big part in her laid back style. She doesn’t have a deadline to make. She’s done soundtracks and Greatest Hits collections in the past in between albums, too, but it was good when she took extended breaks from recording. The 2000s were such a mixed bag with albums being churned out every 2 years. Better for her to live some life and have something to talk about in her music. She’s also got a kid to raise now.

13. Feel like such a flop fan, but yes Janet did follow the 4 years pattern between albums for much of her career didn't she? If only she was following it this year of course...

beautifulmorning likes this.
  14. Today, October 7th, is the 22nd anniversary of the release of The Velvet Rope album. What a project. I'm giving it a listen today, and truly gagging all over again at the album cuts that probably wouldn't have made it on the radio, but are just stellar and probably better for NOT having been pushed as singles. The title track, You (I know it had a video, but let's be real...), My Need, Free Xone, Empty(!), What About, Rope Burn. Ugh! Also a shoutout to Tonight's The Night, which I thought was a fantastic cover, and was appreciated by pretty much nobody else.

There's really no duds here, IMO.

15. My favorite album of all time. Period!

Overdose, LPT, Beat and 1 other person like this.
  16. I love Tonight’s the Night... and Anything.

you know that good things don’t come easily... don’t leave me. I don’t want to be left all alone.

work in progress.

Overdose and LPT like this.
  17. Timbaland better deliver!
    I know it's not him.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.