Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (12th Album) | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond (12th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 18, 2017.

1. It really is timeless. It has not aged a day I think.

clowezra likes this.
  2. I am so fucking ready for a new Janet Jackson album to exist on this wasteland of a planet.

3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Lonely is phenomenal. I continue to remain eternally pressed that it was on an album with 8 singles and wasn't one of them, but I guess that speaks to the quality of Rhythm Nation. I just wish it was one of her classics because it's that good.

LPT, clowezra, nikkysan and 2 others like this.
  4. I wonder if it was fighting with Someday is Tonight as a potential sequel too cause the latter was gonna be a single as well. The RN era was too powerful for this world.

RainOnFire and WhatKindOfKylie? like this.
  5. I also think that Come Back To Me, is the most underrated single from the Rhythm Nation 1814 album. It gets neglected compared to the bops.

6. I agree and the video is gorgeous.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  7. And only kept of #1 in the US by Vision Of Love too!

Contrail likes this.
  8. What a time to be alive back then, two upcoming legends fighting for the top spot but both ended up as icons. We love black excellence and female power.

Music Is Life, Overdose, LPT and 2 others like this.
  9. Without a doubt. Amazing times.

Contrail likes this.
  10. I don’t think Janet’s ever done colored braids. I was thinking about hairstyles she’s yet to do.

11. She has been looking on point more than usual. She’s really coming isn’t she?

12. Unlike in “Would You Mind”, yes.

13. Wonder how soon it will be before we get any new material from this album??

14. I imagine we’ll have a single by the end of April. Wouldn’t be surprised if she pops up at the Billboard Awards to perform it, since it seems they’re actually going to put some effort into promo this time around.

15. I just looked up all of Janet’a limited vinyls and they look so good. I think I might go for Rhythm Nation 1814 first. I’m ready for this new era.

16. I'm watching her interview on Ryan Seacrest, and even within the guarded confines of this slightly over-scripted press tour, just hearing her voice and catching a glimpse of the woman behind the superstar is just so utterly enchanting. I honestly don't know a sweeter soul.

I hope we get a more candid interview at some point, but I can understand why she might not want to leave herself vulnerable at this point in her life.

LPT, beyoncésweave and Butterfly like this.
  17. She probably doesn’t want to give her ex any ammunition and she certainly doesn’t want to talk about her brother for the nine millionth time.

Are she and a Wissam still legally married?

18. I think they are and it wouldn’t surprise me if the eventual divorce/custody deal has some sort of non-disclosure clause.

Contrail likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.