Janet Jackson - Black Diamond + Documentary | Page 213 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond + Documentary

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Wasn’t the Black Diamond album title announced just before the pandemic hit? I wonder if we would’ve gotten it if COVID hadn’t happened.

2. She was in New York finishing it and halted that and went back to London when everything shut down. The tour was announced and it was confirmed she would be performing the new material on it.

LPT, P'NutButter and nooniebao like this.
  3. Chill. She has every right to focus on being a parent. You have no right to tell her she needs to drag her kid around the world to promote a new album for your benefit.

McQueer, Mikal and Overdose like this.
  4. Me: Let Janet live her life and parent her child how she sees fit, and if new music comes then it comes.

Also me:

5. [​IMG]

Mr.Arroz, clowezra, Sunny B and 7 others like this.
  6. The truth is somewhere in the middle, her son obviously comes first. Madonna juggled work and kids in the 00s but back then her time away from kids was awarded with big $$s and also she got the love back as an artist, she was on the radio, on TV, selling product. Yes Janet can do all that in the present day but probably thinks 'why should I give away my music for free/ less, why would I put in the hours for whatever peanuts streaming gives back' and she's right. So she ends up only doing the work that does pay (shows).

I'm not sure what the situation is with BMG and her deal there too, maybe whatever new label picks her up needs to clear up that contract first and they'd rather not dd.

Mr Blonde and Suburbia like this.
  7. I’m choosing not to ignore the part where she literally says, “There will be music at some point”.

Mr.Arroz, Sunny B, LPT and 5 others like this.
  8. I’m shocked she sold all her iconic costumes (among other stuff) but she kept the gold records.

9. I think people forget that she had difficulty even conceiving a child to begin with. Eissa is rightfully her main focus, and I can see why she would want him to have as “normal” of a childhood as possible, considering she never did. My thing about new music is that I wish everything wasn’t so vague when it came to when we’ll actually get anything, but maybe there’s a reason for that.

10. Good things come to those who wait and all that. Maybe I should finally run the second part of the Janet rate and knowing my luck a new album will appear midway.

clowezra, Sunny B, soratami and 6 others like this.
  11. Geri Halliwell says hi.

electrosamurai likes this.
  12. I really want new music and an era.The videos, performances, the looks, the value that only an icon can bring. So if we have to wait in order not to get another 20 Y.O. and Discipline, so be it. But not another 7 years, we're mostly old fags, mother.

br0dy likes this.
  13. Mate at this point just drop the album.
    If she doesn't want to be a popstar now then she probably won't want to be in the next few years.

Nephilim and NobodyKnowsMe like this.
  14. Who needs a new album when you can stick this playlist on in the sunshine and listen to one of the all time greatest summery playlists?! Perfection.

All For You
    Doesn't Really Matter
    Escapade
    Together Again
    Come On Get Up
    Love Will Never Do (Without You)
    Because Of Love
    The Best Things In Life Are Free
    Runaway
    When I Think Of You
    R&B Junkie
    Just A Little While
    Someone To Call My Lover
    Feels So Right

15. I'm not surprised since she's the Queen of cancellations, but it's definitely disappointing. At this point I'd settle for an EP at least. The drought since 'Made For Now' has been awful, especially since she really seemed to be on such a creative high with Unbreakable (which still fucking slaps, by the way.)

clowezra, LeBratt, 4Roses and 9 others like this.
  16. I hope that if she does ever release a new album - the title gets changed. Never liked “Black Diamond”.

Clyde likes this.
  17. Please do it worked with Beyoncé.

18. She truly is the Queen of Summer songs.

19. Nothing lifts my mood at work quite like a Janet song. Escapade, Love Will Never Do, Someone to Call My Lover, SloLove, Runaway ... sonic sunshine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.