Janet Jackson - Black Diamond | Page 183 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Yeah they deleted the tweet and article nn

Aiden, Sleepycat and lushLuck like this.
  2. It said a new single was coming this year with a new album in 2022.

3. I want to Feeback.

Damita Jo, Jacques, Little L and 3 others like this.
  4. Can someone please combine this and Mother J.A.N.E.T.?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mindtrappa likes this.
  5. She saw the Normani performance and thought "it's time."

...And then she woke up this morning and thought "well maybe not quite yet."

Mr.Arroz, soratami, Bobbyrae and 15 others like this.
  6. What'd it say???

[​IMG]

Edu, Rafa_el, huntypoo and 1 other person like this.
  7. They gave producer details, so I’m assuming this info came from her camp and it just got published early.

Damita Jo, Rafa_el, Seraphim and 5 others like this.
  8. That’s what the rolling stone piece said

« Janet Jackson announced that she will release a new album in 2022, and that a new single will arrive by the end of this year via her label, Rhythm Nation Records.

Jackson offered no additional details about the forthcoming single, although she did reveal production credits for the album, which will be her first since 2015’s Unbreakable. The album will find her reuniting with production/songwriting duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, as well as collaborating with Darrel Randle, Ralph Johnson (a founding member of Earth, Wind & Fire), Siedah Garret, and Marcel East.

The news comes in advance of the release of Janet, a four-hour documentary that chronicles her personal life and career that arrives in January via Lifetime and A&E. She executive-produced the documentary alongside Randy Jackson.

The Ben Hirsch-directed two-part film will include archival footage, never-before-seen home videos, and celebrity interviews, including chats with Missy Elliott, Paula Abdul and Mariah Carey. It follows Jackson and her family following the death of her father Joseph, the patriarch of the Jackson dynasty who died in 2018. Jackson also discusses her 2004 Super Bowl performance with Justin Timberlake, the death of her brother Michael Jackson, and becoming a mother.

Jackson was originally slated to release her 12th studio album Black Diamond along with an accompanying tour in 2020, but both werepostponed due to the pandemic. »

Euphoria, neinzedd, Sunny B and 5 others like this.
  9. Well I think an album with the documentary was clearly on the cards, but a single this year? I'm trembling.

10. I can't believe it's been 6 years since Unbreakable.

Humanracin, Rafa_el, neinzedd and 6 others like this.
  11. Interesting, fingers crossed with the documentary, it happens this time. Looking forward to it!

12. The production credits seem a little too throwback for my taste. There is a huge roster of r'n'b writers and producers who could craft something really special with her. Lemme reserve judgment though.

13. Your avatar with this post! Sis is suspicious!

14. She’s also worked with (or was supposed to) Kaytranada, so I think it’ll be Jimmy and Terry with a mix of co-collaborators beyond what is listed here.

Jacques and djmakemewet like this.
  15. ddddd Janet really woke up this morning, saw that article and said

100b873f431a52f89e6ff7a663acbc7f_xl.jpg

Mr.Arroz, LTG, Andrew.L and 13 others like this.
  16. 2014

2014 Staff Member

FEED US MOM!!!

17. I'm so excited ! Please, stay away of Made For Now sound

[​IMG]

br0dy likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Um...but Made For Now is huge though?

LTG, Bobbyrae, Burzum and 12 others like this.
  19. Made for Now is great though.

20. I always been unpopular opinion. I am not hiding

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.