Janet Jackson - Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HoochieKylie

Janet Jackson's as-yet-untitled debut album for Island Def Jam will be released in February. The artist is also prepping a worldwide tour to promote the follow-up to 2006's "20 Y.O." In addition, Jackson has signed with the William Morris Agency for representation in all areas.

Jackson comes to the company after a starring role in Tyler Perry's hit "Why Did I Get Married?" She will be repped by a team of agents led by Dave Wirtschafter and Charles King that will run across multiple divisions of the agency, including film, touring, licensing and merchandising, television, theater, publishing and new technology.

Jackson said she was attracted to the agency because of its long history. She continues to be repped by managers Johnny Wright and Kenneth Crear as well as attorney Don Passman.

As for Jackson's new album, it is being executive produced by Def Jam CEO Antonio "L.A." Reid rather than Jackson's boyfriend, Island Urban president Jermaine Dupri.

Dupri is working on Mariah Carey's new album, which should be out next spring. "We're going to make it seem like we're in competition to see who's going to have the biggest album of the year," he told Billboard in July.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003677876

V

vasilios

Promising. She just needs a good lead single. No Jimmy Jam unless it's a Control outtake! And no ballads about her juicy pussy.

To be fair, Jimmy and Terry did not produce her last shit singles. Their song Enjoy was one of the best on the record.

F

FMW

Let's be honest- nobody would give a toss if she wasn't Michael's sister.

B

BachelorNo2

HoochieKylie said:
Dupri is working on Mariah Carey's new album, which should be out next spring. "We're going to make it seem like we're in competition to see who's going to have the biggest album of the year," he told Billboard in July.

Didn't they do this last time as well?

H

HoochieKylie

She ought to just release another Greatest Hits and call it a day - ANOTHER studio album so soon? She's just had TWO massive flop albums in a row. One flop? You can come back. Two? It's over for her.

A

Aamyko

HoochieKylie said:
She ought to just release another Greatest Hits and call it a day - ANOTHER studio album so soon? She's just had TWO massive flop albums in a row. One flop? You can come back. Two? It's over for her.

I don't think it's over for her just yet. The problem with her last CD was that lead single was just SHIT.. it was so horrible and Nelly was actually the best part of the song and he sucks.... I think she thought to herself "Well if Kelly Rowland, who's a nobody, can have a No1. hit with Nelly then why the hell can't I?" And while she did have a No.1 Song on the R&B charts, it was just too specific and not global enough.

Now if she had released "So Excited" first it would've been a whole other story for her...oh except for the fact that she needed to make another video because NO ONE is the U.S wants to see any Janet tit EVER.

I hope Janet goes back to her dance roots... she really NEEDS a hit.....

S

someboy0716

I think she's a fantastic popstar who is extremely business savvy as well as talented, but her recent efforts are just embarrassing for a woman who once dominated the musical world on a global scale.

What this woman needs is a "Gimme More".

Another Janet album!?!

Oh goody, another audio recording of her inner vagina walls :D
"So Excited"
"Moist"
"Sexhibition"
"Show Me"
"Would You Mind" - orgasm recording.
"All Nite"
"Rope Burn"
"This Body"

etc etc etc

Alright love, we all know you're still at it, menopause or not, but to be honest the world and it's auntie doesn't need to know the complete inner workings of Ms. Jackson

Design Of A Decade 2 1997-2007

Got Til It's Gone
Together Again
I Get Lonely
Go Deep
Everytime
Luv Me Luv Me (w/Shaggy)
Boyfriend/Girlfriend (w/Blackstreet)
What's It Gonna Be (w/Busta Rhymes)
All For You
Son Of A Gun
Someone To Call My Lover
Doesn't Really Matter
All Nite (Don't Stop)
Rnb Junkie
I Want You
Call On Me *ugh*
So Excited

it's actually not a bad collection of songs...

but I'm pretty surprised that she's coming back with a new album so soon.

V

vasilios

She had that Elephan Man duet too, what was it called? Quite a hit.

does anybody else remember when Janet was good? I mean really good? Why did she stray away from All For You / Son of a gun: I bet you think this song is about you ? She really kicked ass.

br0dy said:
Design Of A Decade 2 1997-2007

Got Til It's Gone
Together Again
I Get Lonely
Go Deep
Everytime
Luv Me Luv Me (w/Shaggy)
Boyfriend/Girlfriend (w/Blackstreet)
What's It Gonna Be (w/Busta Rhymes)
All For You
Son Of A Gun
Someone To Call My Lover
Doesn't Really Matter
All Nite (Don't Stop)
Rnb Junkie
I Want You
Call On Me *ugh*
So Excited

it's actually not a bad collection of songs...

but I'm pretty surprised that she's coming back with a new album so soon.

A proper greatest hits including all the singles from 'Janet' that were missed out from 'Design of a decade' is needed. 'Ultimate Janet' would be perfect, a double CD.

*really, really wants to care*

No sorry, I don't. Not after 20YO (which sounded great on paper, rubbish on CD), Damita Ho (which is like Erotica only with much less class, and it's not as if Erotica oozed class anyway) and All For You (which was Janet on autopilot, which still is much better than the other two). If someone else than Midget was producing it -- Glen Ballard, Stuart Price, Richard X, Nellee Hooper, Trevor Horn, Danja (can't believe I said that), Basement Jaxx -- oooh, yeah, I would care.

It's hard to believe there is anyone left out there who actually wants to invest money into another Dupri-produced Janet album.

He/Him
Ronald Parisi said:
does anybody else remember when Janet was good? I mean really good? Why did she stray away from All For You / Son of a gun: I bet you think this song is about you ? She really kicked ass.

Velvet Rope is the only thing that stands up since the Greatest Hits

Aamyko said:
Now if she had released "So Excited" first it would've been a whole other story for her ...

So Excited was one of my favourite singles from last year. Even on Janet's worst albums, there's always something there I fall in love with, All Nite from the otherwise awful Damita Jo is for my money one of the best pop songs from the last five years.

Status
Not open for further replies.