Janet Jackson - Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say it's her own fault, kinda... I mean, nobody here knows she has a new album out. Only a few people heard 'Feedback' (and those few seem to liked it). But if she doesn't come here to promote it, it will flop. But hey, Janet and the Uk charts... it never really worked.

K

KaMZ

The 'Feedback' CD is coming out this Friday here in Germany and I haven't seen the video on TV or heard the song on Radio once. Mariah's TMB video premiered yesterday and I've already seen it thrice. It's less a matter of the label not pushing her or she doing promotion, but simply the fact that no Station is willing to play her stuff. I'm very sad and think it'll miss the Top 100 sales chart altogether, even though it has been a huge club hit for over a month.

i'm not really a Janet Jackson fan but i love Feedback, so much. (i also have a fierce dance routine to it, willing to be broken out if and when ever it's played in the clubs i go to). how well is it doing in the uk? is she even doing any promotion over here??

KaMZ said:
The 'Feedback' CD is coming out this Friday here in Germany and I haven't seen the video on TV or heard the song on Radio once. Mariah's TMB video premiered yesterday and I've already seen it thrice. It's less a matter of the label not pushing her or she doing promotion, but simply the fact that no Station is willing to play her stuff. I'm very sad and think it'll miss the Top 100 sales chart altogether, even though it has been a huge club hit for over a month.

Funny how times change, when Mariah & Janet were both at Virgin they ignored Mariah n promoted Janet now they both at Def Jam they doin nothing 4 Janet n its all about Mariah again eventhough Mariah's new song is crap!

& to think Dupri is her man n he not gettin her the backing she needs! but its not all Def Jams fault tho Janet herself has been so slack on promoting over the last few years.

C

CheapPop

jayjay10481981 said:
KaMZ said:

Funny how times change, when Mariah & Janet were both at Virgin they ignored Mariah n promoted Janet now they both at Def Jam they doin nothing 4 Janet n its all about Mariah again eventhough Mariah's new song is crap!

& to think Dupri is her man n he not gettin her the backing she needs! but its not all Def Jams fault tho Janet herself has been so slack on promoting over the last few years.

I agree with your second paragraph, it's up to the artist. The artist's actual presence can do much more for success/non-success than any record label marketing gimmickry. Are you listening, Madonna and Kylie? (in the US!)

CheapPop said:
jayjay10481981 said:
KaMZ said:

I agree with your second paragraph, it's up to the artist. The artist's actual presence can do much more for success/non-success than any record label marketing gimmickry. Are you listening, Madonna and Kylie? (in the US!)

On a different note of Madonna, I did notice the other day reading up on her chart success all over the world that after AMERICAN LIFE (single) she has struggled to chart on the hot 100 this is prob due to the fact that she does little self promotion in America now was even shocked that SORRY was only a moderate hit there.

Anyways back to Janet I noticed some1 said that her & the U.K chart never really worked, in a way I agree but since 1986 she has only had 5 singles not chart top 40 including Feedback missing the top 100 & So Excited didn't even chart. but most of her singles have failed to make the top 10 and her chart runs here are a little hit & miss all over the top 40 but 14 top 10 hits is pretty good for an artist who usually has not really promoted any of her singles well here bar the lead single from every album, her promotion has always been quite spotty as well.

There is a track called Luv My Body - A mash up of Luv and Mariahs Touch my Body. Has anyone heard it. Its almost better than the original Touch my Body!!! Its on You Tube.

"2Nite" reminds me of "Don't stop the music"...I guess it has already been said?

Especially the part where she goes "C'mon dadadada"...it reminds me of "mamasé mamasa mamakossa"...

C

CheapPop

MisterTom said:
"2Nite" reminds me of "Don't stop the music"...I guess it has already been said?

Especially the part where she goes "C'mon dadadada"...it reminds me of "mamasé mamasa mamakossa"...

FYI that "mama" bit is a Michael Jackson sample

K

KaMZ

This can't be true, hope it's a radio-only promo single and nothing serious. It was only a matter of time 'till somebody fucked this campaign up. Couldn't they have at least used the only bearable token ballad i.e. 'Greatest X'?! My dreams for a May release of 'LUV' have been shattered. It was supposed to be my summer anthem :-(

KaMZ said:
This can't be true, hope it's a radio-only promo single and nothing serious. It was only a matter of time 'till somebody fucked this campaign up. Couldn't they have at least used the only bearable token ballad i.e. 'Greatest X'?! My dreams for a May release of 'LUV' have been shattered. It was supposed to be my summer anthem :-(

They've really messed up the singles :(

True, they messed up the singles BIG TIME.

It's not savable, even.

Singles should've been:
Feedback
Luv
2nite
Can't B Good or Greatest X
Rock With U
and if there was to be another one, definitely So Much Betta, it's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.