Janet Jackson - Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paul lekakis

You know, I think there's nothing particularly bad about this project. Diddy and J.Lo did it during the heigth of their fame, so why should Janet don't do this?
What I dislike is how the the article is written. Saying she is a "desperate 80s pop star". Right, did they forget about her two huge #1's in the 2000's and the "Icon" show they did for her?

V

vasilios

Yeah it's not Love Island or Celeb Big Bro, and if it's a hit she'll reconnect with the 12-18 demo that make or break hits and have missed JJ's hayday. Why not I say.

Just do some Euro tour dates byatch!

P

paul lekakis

It's less her personality and more the way she talks in interviews.
She talks very mumbly, silent and slow and doesn't really have many facial expression.
It was quite surprising to see her act in the Tyler Perry movie, because she did it so well and had a impressing emotional range.

Hazuki said:
http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/15708

80s pop star Janet Jackson has a new reality show scheduled to launch this fall that will showcase the pop star as a mentor while a group of aspiring singers and dancers compete for an undisclosed prize.

According to Variety, the untitled show on 25/7 Productions for MTV will begin filming this summer, as Jackson gets ready to go on tour September 10th. Although details are scarce, executive producer Dave Broome hints at the show searching for the next big star.

"It's really about finding who's the next Janet Jackson or Justin Timberlake or Usher. And we'll find it from a pool of people who you wouldn't typically find them from," he said. "We'll go to YMCAs, church groups, local community centers and try to cast the show."

Rather than the typical set-up of shows like Diddy's Making The Band series, the program is expected to take place in various street locales instead of soundstages, with a possibility of even occurring during Jackson's world tour.

The desperate singer has also kept busy by preparing her upcoming book based on how she has maintained her weight and looks to provide inspiration to both men and women alike.

Jackson is the latest to join forces with MTV for a reality series. Atlanta rapper T.I. has been tagged along to the network to show how he has been spending his time on house arrest while 50 Cent looks to challenge 16 individuals on business savvy skills.

Did you edit this?! There is no mention of 'desperate singer' or '80's' icon on sohh.com, your source!

vasilios said:
Yeah it's not Love Island or Celeb Big Bro, and if it's a hit she'll reconnect with the 12-18 demo that make or break hits and have missed JJ's hayday. Why not I say.

Just do some Euro tour dates byatch!
Euro Dates are coming =)
Janet confirmed it, i guess they will be out in few months time, but she wont tour europe b4 the end of 08....there was a rumour it was canceled....

Im blaming the whole janet thing atm on JD he dragged the poor woman out of virgin, where they ever tolerated her getting a huge fat ASS, into ISLAND where out of sudden THEY HAVE NO MONEY FOR HER... :/

They have it for a MIMI CD which hey, is a flop....

MTV is such crap nowadays, i just hope that show doesnt come up looking like The Hills :/

Not sure what the big deal is here. It can't be as shamelessly self-serving and mind numbingly boring as Madonna's reality sho... errr ...oh that's right, 'I'm Going To Tell You A Secret' was a 'documentary'.

Of course, for her own sake, Janet should probably not be trying too hard to find the 'next Janet Jackson'.

I don't get why this is a new "low". Lots of singers/groups are doing reality's now, and nobody says it's a low. And this is not about her private life, like Britney's or Jessica's, it's about music.

I agree. If it was a "Janet Jackson Through Thick And Thin -- watch Janet diet and exercise while we raid her fridge at night and show you its disgusting contents" it would be a low.

Why did the original poster so blatantly edit the article to make it out to be worse than it is?

And who quotes an article off a web site, and posts a link to the source in the first place?

JoshJB said:
Why did the original poster so blatantly edit the article to make it out to be worse than it is?

And who quotes an article off a web site, and posts a link to the source in the first place?

He's defo a hater, kind of sad really!

A song of hers randomly came on my itunes today from her 20 y.o album - is it just me or is the bonus track, "days go by", reeeeally rather good! A nice chilled out song with a catchy chorus that sounds almost like classic Janet

Haven't read anything else in this thread - but a reality tv show? dont think many people would be interested in that! I thought MTV had banned Janet after one of her tit's plopped out on national tv

Its from wikipedia though, so dont take it too seriously at the moment, although I feel that it is true for some reason.

On September 22, 2008, Janet Jackson left her label house, Island/Def Jam Recordings. This was confirmed by Darkchild in a video-conference. The singers left her label house due to low success of her last four singles from her last studio album, "Discipline".[137]

I guess if it is true, it makes a Europe tour even more unlikely.

I think perhaps Janet's creative well has run dry, shallow as it was. I'm not sure what it would take for her to regain her past glory. She could always just re-release her old hits time and time again; it worked for Michael.

It's true that she asked to be released, yes. Darkchild talks about it on his new blog at rap-up - click to watch.

He says he saw her on tour and she was immense. He also says she's welcome to join Darkchild Records (distributed via Interscope) and he'd love to do an album with her and with Jam&Lewis on board too, but that he doesn't know what she'll be doing labels-wise post-tour.

The tour has nothing to do with Def Jam, so this won't stop her from coming to Europe; however it's sponsored by Live Nation who reportedly will only be sponsoring her to play the North American dates she already has scheduled, so she'd likely to need to find a new promoter if she wanted to do Europe/Australia/Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.