Janet Jackson - Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommie

I'm sorry, but considering the allegations that Joe was abusive, I just find it too creepy and unsettling to listen to.

multimediac17

I can't stop thinking about her, and how she's coping - as much as I possibly could with a message on an internet forum, I send you loving vibes, Janet.

Dannii's Numbar One Fan Gurrl said:
I'm sorry, but considering the allegations that Joe was abusive, I just find it too creepy and unsettling to listen to.

Which bits in particular?

I think Janet escaped the abuse being the youngest. Apparently he calmed down a bit by then. I think that's why she's the most normal in some ways.

T

tommie

Daddy I disobeyed u
Now I want u to come punish me

I know that Janet was spared abuse, but it doesn't make it less creepy to me. It's just... unsettling.

V

vasilios

When women -or gay men- call a man Daddy it's not actually their father they are refering to. It's more of your my Daddy as in the mature, older, sexier, erm, master in the bedroom.

T

tommie

vasilios said:
When women -or gay men- call a man Daddy it's not actually their father they are refering to. It's more of your my Daddy as in the mature, older, sexier, erm, master in the bedroom.

I am aware of that, but I still find it unsettling and creepy considering.

Dannii's Numbar One Fan Gurrl said:
vasilios said:

I am aware of that, but I still find it unsettling and creepy considering.
Most crucially of all, the song is about as sexy as mouldy bread.

V

vasilios

Yeah but when used right it's sexy. E.g. LL Cool J 'Doin' It' and 'Loungin'.

Sexay.

Hazuki said:
I know it's slightly in poor taste, but she might make another amazing album if she's miserable again.
I agree as well, angry and sad Janet is my favorite. She gets very creative...  I know I shouldn't say this, but I hope the rumors she and JD are over are true. Since she started dated him everything went downhill.

he/him
I think the first half of Discipline is amazing, "Feedback", "Rock With U", "Luv", etc. Exactly what I expected from the album after hearing her talk about it and what I'd like to see her pursue. The second half not so much. Koyko needs to get out of the way too - cute for a little bit, bloody annoying once it's over.

I hope the rumours of her split aren't true, it would be a terrible time for her if they were. Insert sad face.

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
I am listening to this album right now. I liked it at the time, but now, 3 years on, I am finally realizing its brilliance. Such a hot album. Sucks that IDJ is a shitty ass label.

This album is very good, isn't it. Jeez, a few days ago even I was telling myself it was a bad album but I've put it on tonight and it listens so well!

It suits the night-time. Damita Jo is strictly a spring/summer, mild weather album. 20 Y.O is a summer album. I think my error with this album was listening to it in the daytime.

Yes. Albums need specific times of day/weathers/seasons to listen to them. Yes, I'm an OCD music listener.

Status
Not open for further replies.