Janet Jackson - General Discussion | Page 493 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Ordon, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Meh and peak Janet just doesn't compute - these takes.

LeBratt likes this.
  2. As a Billboard junkie from the 80-00s, I absolutely love this. Janet’s impact will never be erased.

Mjg0806, mcuk and Sleepycat like this.
  3. Miss Janet schooled the chirren.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  4. Ok so I am done listeming to Control. Wow! What an amazing album. There are sweet ballads, cute girly tracks and aggressive/assertive anthems.

GREAT
    Nasty
    What Have You Done for Me Lately?
    Control

REALLY GOOD
    When I Think of You
    Let's Wait a While
    He Doesn't Know I'm Alive
    The Pleasure Principle

GOOD
    Funny How Time Flies (When You're Having Fun)

AVERAGE
    You Can Be Mine

MEHH
    None

7.9/10

5. It's definitely hard to find anything not to like on Control. It's a masterpiece, but for me it pales slightly in comparison to the run of albums following it where her musical personality really firms up. Also, I stan You Can Be Mine and return to it often! It's not very Janet but I find it to be a fun and quirky little gem. Have you listened to all the albums now?

6. Yes it is a masterpiece. I believe it's short length definitely strengthens it.

No, Im still left with Janet Jackson , Dream Street and Unbreakable. Next , I'm listening to Dream Street.

huntypoo likes this.
  7. I know a lot of people don't really pay attention to her first two albums, but I don't wanna leave them cuz then my journey will feel incomplete. Also, I have a really strong feeling that I won't dislike them. I won't mind a cute and teen pop Janet.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2020
  8. At least you're saving one of her best albums for last.

9. I am really excited to see the tracklist and cover for Black Diamond.

Crisp X and Music Is Death like this.
  10. Young love from the janet jackson album is the bop that should have been huge. It's probably in my top 15 janet tracks

KaranPCD likes this.
  11. Wow! Interesting. I also think people sometimes start comparing everything with RN, TVR and Janet. I have seen a lot of folks disliking Damita Jo, 20 Y.O and Discipline. However, I liked all of them. Infact, i dont dislike any of Janet's albums so far.

12. One of the few times in the aughts that I wouldn't have found her annoying for forcing a ho bop onto an album. I despise my fave.

LPT likes this.
  13. This photo is giving me Janet./all for you vibes!!! Im loving it

14. LPT

LPT

She keeps hashtagging #GoingIN. I wonder if this is album relayed or yet another "thing" I'm out of the loop on.

15. She just loves JLo flops.

16. This new photo is 1000x better than the one they used for the tour cover.

WhatKindOfKylie? likes this.
  17. She really does look incredible.

Deleted member 33252 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.