Janet Jackson - Metamorphosis (Las Vegas Residency) | Page 130 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson - Metamorphosis (Las Vegas Residency)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by mindtrappa, Jun 15, 2015.

1. I was ALSO at the Toronto show tonight and Janet was phenomenal as usual. She is certainly the caliber of performer who can get away with such basic staging because it places all the focus on her, her dancers and the iconic choreography. Although I will say that the lighting design was pretty spectacular, and the interlude videos were nice.

The entire opening section of wall-to-wall hits had the entire place losing their shit. There was one woman in particular a few rows ahead of me who looked like she was going to combust. The slow jams section kind of lost people a bit, but “That’s The Way Love Goes”/ “Rock The Boat” was big crowd pleaser, and by the time Rhythm Nation came around everyone was going nuts. Its been a long time since I have heard a crowd chant an artists name with such determination in anticipation of an encore.

If I had to nit pick anything about the show it would be the costumes. The opening outfit is fire but she basically just wears the same black catsuit for the entire show, and just ads and subtracts things to switch it up, which was fine, but there just wasn’t a whole lot of variation.

I also just wanted to call out the basic bitches behind me who couldn’t contain themselves from giggling during the the interlude video that leads into “What About”, and when Janet broke down in tears during that song. Whoever you were…fuck you.

Rei Ayanami, P'NutButter, LP and 9 others like this.
  2. Wow, me.

3. Together Again was one of the biggest moments of the show. Everybody was up dancing and singing, and when she mentioned Michael it made the crowd go wild. The song is such a beautiful celebration of life and you could feel how much it touched everyone in the room.

Rei Ayanami, P'NutButter, LP and 7 others like this.
  4. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that medley should've died years ago.

It would be far more special if we got to hear one of them full.

lushLuck and slaybellz like this.
  5. I think it was more that this time around the ballads section was loaded with a lot of songs that only the hardcore fans knew. Twenty Foreplay, Where Are You Now, The Body That Loves You, and Spending Time With You got a fairly muted reaction. It's great that she chose to include so many deep cuts but they probably shouldn't have been all lumped together.

"Again" on the other hand, even just as an instrumental interlude ended up being a real moment. The entire audience sang every word.

6. Did she sing it in full?

AshleyKerwin likes this.
  7. No, she didn't sing it at all, the instrumental just played during the interlude between acts, but the whole audience was living and sang the entire thing word for word.

8. This is what I fucking mean lol.

lushLuck likes this.
  9. The video interludes were gorgeous, but often went on for ages. At a certain point, I didn't understand why she couldn't come out & sing part of each song.

10. I just got back from the Boston show and Janet was truly phenomenal! Those who are still on the fence simply must go. "If" was the biggest highlight for me, an absolutely ferocious performance that tore the house down. It's crazy to think I waited years to see her after my original ticket purchase, but it was well worth it.

11. LP

LP

Im not on the fence, I'm simply on another continent. Nation.

12. Ray

Ray

Same here. State Of The World* Tour

*definition of "world" TBC

13. Same here.

It’s like the World Series.

Staticboombox and LP like this.
  14. Flying to New York next week to see her. Can't wait!

AshleyKerwin and LP like this.
  15. Honestly one of the best tours I've ever been too. Such fucking TALENT. So many fucking BOPS. I got so excited and I drank too much and blacked out towards the end but she was fucking incredible.

16. Ray

Ray

I am so pissed off that I had tickets for The Not Very Interesting Tour that she cancelled, and now that everyone is going on about how amazing State Of The WORLD is, the World does not seem to include Europe anymore.

17. LP

LP

18. No. Doubt European promoters are fighting to bring her here but who knows? There's enormous good will lately.

LP likes this.
  19. It's so great to read so many nice comments about the tour, I think after all her personal drama she needed an outlet and the tour is that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.