Janet Jackson - Together Again Tour (Summer 2024 Leg)

Mr.Arroz

Staff member
he/him/his
It wasn’t me! But the journey has still been arduous.
laughing-black.gif

She / Her
Ddd it's giving craigslist! Let me go purchase my Together Again Tour shirt and give mommy some more coins.

My show on mother's day was iconic bee tee dubz - I missed the first act because no one in Virginia Beach wanted to see Ludacris so there was a huge traffic jam getting in dd. Regardless, I had the time of my life seeing mother with my actual mother! She has her set nailed right down to singing zero of the words to Again. She looked like she was having an amazing time and was performing like an absolute pro, and we even got a "happy mother's day!" out of her. I must say there was a part of me that expected her to phone it in a bitsy given her percieved indifference to her catalog, but there was none of that. Transcendent to say the least!

Those estimates are all the assets everyone owns including homes and publishing and all that, not cash on hand. I remember even MJ had liquidity problems near the end and that's why he agreed to that residency. A few dodgy deals and money runs out quick, especially if you don't have any new revenue streams.

I wonder why she didn't do one of those deals where recording artists sell all their publishing for a hefty sum. Then again maybe she did and that's why her publishing almost got auctioned off too.

I spent the past half hour browsing through the catalogue and just feel massively depressed afterwards. As a fan it hurts to see her life and career (and plenty of bits from her actual personal life) carved up and thrown out like that for a quick injection of cash.

Imagine this tour being launched with an incredible online archive of all this stuff (photos, 3d scans, cute unseen video etc) for people to dive into, contextualise, and understand her impact across pop culture? Truly a celebration of one of the greatest to ever do it? I dunno, I'm used to being frustrated as a Little Rope but it feels like a personal attack when nobody around her seems to give a fuck about preserving this sort of legacy – either with the actual music and the way it's presented, or this side of it.

If she was indeed struggling financially, wouldn't actively participating in preserving your legacy be a way of... investing into your future and how your catalogue is perceived, therefore making sure you're getting coin forever?

The 'maybe she doesn't care' argument doesn't stand as she's going on these tours, lobbying for these lifetime achievement awards left and right, making documentaries. I'm not sure I prefer the scenario of the staff being inadequate or her being completely clueless... Either way, it's frustrating. Her contributions to music, fashion, pop culture, politics and the intersection of them is so important and erased from history because of this mismanagement.

Since we're on the topic of Janet's career and legacy, I will say how it all went down still breaks my heart. As is probably very evident, I'm a massive Dodgers fan and I go to games, blah blah. Every once in a while, they play her music and will usually play All For You when they do. Every time I'm sitting there, I just start crying thinking about all of it.

I will say this till the end of time: Fuck Les Moonves.

Since we're on the topic of Janet's career and legacy, I will say how it all went down still breaks my heart. As is probably very evident, I'm a massive Dodgers fan and I go to games, blah blah. Every once in a while, they play her music and will usually play All For You when they do. Every time I'm sitting there, I just start crying thinking about all of it.

I will say this till the end of time: Fuck Les Moonves.
I try to remind myself that even though her peers (Mariah, Madonna) have had downturns and witch hunts against them, no one has faced the kind of systematic attack by a power crazed maniac that literally tried to delete her entire existence like Janet has. How do you fight back when TV and radio don't play your music and refuse to have you on (that creep even tried to block the publishing of her book)? At the same time, it feels like Janet has been so absent. No music, no pop culture presence, nothing. She is literally one of the pillars of pop and she should be reminding everyone that every day. Retrospectives, reissues, celebrations. I know she's low key but I wish she would fight more for her place in pop history. She built this house.

Last edited:
Do we know for sure that she owns the assets that are being auctioned off? Or has she given up those claims as part of the custody agreement? Sorry, but I’ve not been following. It’s just depressing to think otherwise and I’m looking for ways to rationalise what’s happening.

Do we know for sure that she owns the assets that are being auctioned off? Or has she given up those claims as part of the custody agreement? Sorry, but I’ve not been following. It’s just depressing to think otherwise and I’m looking for ways to rationalise what’s happening.
New anxiety unlocked

RainOnFire

Staff member
Guys. Tonight was my show and I had one of the best nights of my life. It's unfathomable to me that this woman was basically nonexistent from my life 4-5 years ago (which is when I first decided to listen to her discography) because she has become so important to me in that short timeframe, and me seeing her tonight almost felt like it was decades in the making and not just a few years. And I had an absolute blast.

The show has its faults but I'm on such a high that it barely matters right now. I'm just so happy.