Janet Jackson | Page 593 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Ordon, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Gotta pick just one: Rhythm Nation or janet?

Tough, eh? Even I'd have to think about it for (let's wait) a while...

2. I love the production so much on the title track of Unbreakable.

3. I’d go with janet., but I’d cheat and stick “Love Will Never Do (Without You)” on it as a bonus track a la “Radar.”

tommylander, Andrew and iveivan like this.
  4. janet. is hands down her masterpiece to me. Rhythm Nation and Velvet Rope are insanely brilliant, but janet. is in my eyes a perfect record.

5. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Having a trilogy like Rhythm Nation, Janet and Velvet Rope is complete legendaric behaviour.

6. I love Rhythm Nation, but I've only ever really listened to the singles from the album. Sorry.
    Whereas janet. is perfect all the way through.

Love Will Never Do (Without You) remains in my top 3 Janet songs though.

tommylander and tom71 like this.
  7. Choosing between that run of albums between 86-01, is just TOO hard. All perfect in their own ways.

8. janet.

You forgot Control.

9. This might seem like a weird obscure pick, but I think "What About" might be my favorite Janet song. The use of contrast is so cool and it's so fierce. She sounds so pissed off and it gets me hyped.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2022
  10. I would probably choose janet. as my favourite, although if I am honest, I don't love the last third of it.

But the Control to Velvet Rope run is so strong that it really feels like splitting hairs to choose a favourite.

tommylander likes this.
  11. I couldn't pick one.

tommylander likes this.
  12. My goodness - The Body That Loves You and Anytime, Anyplace are two of my all time favourites…

I’d take Janet for sentimental reasons but that, Rhythm Nation and Control are all indispensable.

Velvet Rope is great but I actively dislike a couple of tracks so it loses points…

AbSynth likes this.
    1. The Velvet Rope
    2. janet.
    3. Rhythm Nation
    4. Control
    5. All For You
    6. Unbreakable
    7. Damita Jo
    8. 20 Y.O.
    9. Discipline
    10. Dream Street
    11. Janet Jackson
    In truth I consider a lot of her albums, particularly her best work, to be pretty evenly-matched across the board, but if I had to rank them all I think this is how I'd do it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  13. Damita Jo
    .janet
    The Velvet Rope
    All For You
    Rhythm Nation

Control
    20 Y.O
    Discipline
    Unbreakable
    Janet Jackson
    Dream Street

I truly adore all of them.

14. Rhythm Nation will always be my absolute favorite (the record that contains Love Will Never Do, Miss You Much and Escapade would always have to be) but her entire Control - Damita Jo run is flawless.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  15. janet.
    Rhythm Nation
    The Velvet Rope
    *CONTROVERSIAL*
    Discipline
    Control
    All for You
    Unbreakable
    20 Y.O.
    Damita Jo
    Dream Street
    Janet Jackson

TRAVVV likes this.
  16. All For You (single) went from having almost 90 million streams on Spotify to having 66,660,698. Time to raise hell, little Janetors!!!!

RainOnFire likes this.
  17. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

They've divided the streams between the album version and the video mix (~22 million streams), which makes no sense because they had just combined them only a few months ago.

We continue to suffer

[​IMG]

18. The digital sabotage of her catalogue should be studied. It's outrageous at this point.

19. Her whole career is one big sabotage for years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.