Janet Jackson

No but I just had to buy it. Rhythm Nation next!

FTpJ488XwAIGq0j

The digital sabotage of her catalogue should be studied. It's outrageous at this point.
What’s exactly wrong with her digital catalogue? I know her YouTube has been a mess, but aren’t her albums all on streaming platforms?

The amount of 11s…. I would have perished.
11s?

The orange and pink colour pops!
She looked amazing!!
The orange is beautiful, as is the black jeans getup for the last section. The pink shirt is a tad messy. Giving me Unbreakable Tour vibes. I love that she’s being hats back!

The person handling her music now is great too. I’m really impressed with the mixes she’s been presenting live since State of the World. The synths added for Feedback is incredible!

I just discovered the Qello app for Apple TV and it's got Janet's Glastonbury show available to stream (plus Madonna, tons of Kylie shows, other pop queens).

I know I'm a bit too late but she seemed so low energy and the audio mixing was horrendous.

What’s exactly wrong with her digital catalogue? I know her YouTube has been a mess, but aren’t her albums all on streaming platforms?
It's been a running gag between @RainOnFire and I, but they've split streams for some of her biggest songs which just make her stats look lower than they should. She has pretty terrible / nearly non-existent playlisting, the janet. remix album is M.I.A., her 'If' remix with KAYTRANADA isn't uploaded (it would probably have 50-75 million streams by now), and there are just a bunch of easily remedied errors.

Staff member
It's been a running gag between @RainOnFire and I, but they've split streams for some of her biggest songs which just make her stats look lower than they should. She has pretty terrible / nearly non-existent playlisting, the janet. remix album is M.I.A., her 'If' remix with KAYTRANADA isn't uploaded (it would probably have 50-75 million streams by now), and there are just a bunch of easily remedied errors.

Ff why did I get the notification for this - the forum is wonky

I just discovered the Qello app for Apple TV and it's got Janet's Glastonbury show available to stream (plus Madonna, tons of Kylie shows, other pop queens).

I know I'm a bit too late but she seemed so low energy and the audio mixing was horrendous.
It really was a complete misfire. She shouldn't have used her typical arena/Vegas show that is catered to fans for a festival audience. She needed different costumes (you could barely see her against the black backdrop and she looked like she was about to pass out from the heat), different staging, an all banger setlist and way more interaction and spontaneity instead of her typically slick, highly choreographed set. It really did her amazing performance skills a disservice.

Last edited:
Imagining this scene...

Do you feel like you have an album that is underrated?

Underrated? I don’t know if I can say underrated. With The Velvet Rope, a lot of people were expecting something that was more up. Fun and happy. I remember driving on the freeway and this car honked. It was a girl, and I looked over and she pulled up her CD and it was The Velvet Rope. I just smiled and said, “Thank you.” I appreciated her acknowledging the fact that she had it—and feeling that she understood it, she got it and it spoke to her.

The way she hates 20 Copies Sold and Discipline is sending me.
From what she has said, she plays the songs most people want to hear plus her personal deep cut picks. 20 yo and Discipline were not personal and didn’t have huge hits, so it’s no surprise we don’t get many songs from those albums on tour.

From what she has said, she plays the songs most people want to hear plus her personal deep cut picks. 20 yo and Discipline were not personal and didn’t have huge hits, so it’s no surprise we don’t get many songs from those albums on tour.
And they also resulted from a bad time in her life. Even the cover of Discipline she says is a mess. It's Jermaine Dupri. Bwahahaha!

And they also resulted from a bad time in her life. Even the cover of Discipline she says is a mess. It's Jermaine Dupri. Bwahahaha!

I actually love the Discipline cover for all its oddity glory. I think it’s reflective of the sound of the album too (well the first half anyways!)

However, I think the photo used for the Luv single cover would have been much better suited for the overall package!