Janet Jackson | Page 612 | The Popjustice Forum

Janet Jackson

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Ordon, Jul 18, 2007.

1. The main problem was the way she being promoted in the beginning. It was all a bit too wholesome. The songs never quite had that instant Jackson funk, it was very disco at a time when it was moving on. I have really enjoyed them over the last few years, but they didn't appeal when I first got into Control.

AshtrayHeart likes this.
  2. I've always loved those first two albums, no they aren't up with the quality of her later work but they are worth remembering. 'Say You Do' especially.

3. And You'll Never Find (A Love Like Mine) - what a choon.

4. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

It took 12 entire years, but they finally changed the thumbnail of I Get Lonely so that it's no longer Beverley Knight.

A bunch of videos got unblocked (Together Again most importantly), mis-titled videos have been renamed, thumbnails have been updated, and Doesn't Really Matter just got uploaded today ffff. There are still missing videos but this is something at least.

(We've been over this before but it's infuriating that a YouTube page is quite literally the bare minimum for any pop girl, let alone someone as important as Janet Jackson, so the fact that it's only getting organized in the year 2022 is like..... I want to scream, but seeing as we're not getting anything other than #SundayInspiration these days, it's a win even though it shouldn't be).

5. Doesn't Really Matter finally got uploaded to her official channel as well. I forgot that the bridge is completely different in the video/single mix, as well as the double key change. I'm so accustomed to the album version with the second dance break section which she used at the 2000 VMAs.

What videos of hers are still missing/blocked?

Nephilim, Andy French, 2014 and 13 others like this.
  6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

As far as I'm aware, nothing is blocked anymore (a miracle!). As for still missing:
    - Alright
    - Runaway
    - Together Again (Deeper Edit)
    - You
    - Every Time
    - Just a Little While
    - All Nite

Also the All-Dance Edit of If was on her channel mis-titled as Just a Little While, but instead of renaming it, they just deleted it nn.

Andy French, 2014, Hyrulian and 9 others like this.
  7. Most important for me is the Blackstreet remix of ‘I Get Lonely’ it’s one of the main reasons the song became such a huge hit and it’s literally been erased from the internet

8. I Get Lonely is such an underrated Janet single.

9. I like the song but it was a hit chiefly because it was released in the wake of the huge success of 'Together Again'. Like most of the other Velvet Rope singles, it never sounded like a surefire hit.

10. Finally! Good to see at the very least her YouTube channel is getting sorted. Someone with her videography, deserved so much better.

Musiquelover64 and iveivan like this.
  11. One version here, I think!
    https://on.soundcloud.com/U6SoZRjw29F4AFnV9

LPT likes this.
  12. Thank goodness for NOW 40.

Booers, 2014 and Stopremix like this.
  13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I appreciate that they re-released most of her albums (except Damita Jo which I need) on vinyl recently, but her discography basically being left to rot in the wind is so disheartening. It's one thing that media blackballed her for years, but to effectively be complacent within that process by letting her material languish without note is just baffling. One job. ONE JOB. How do you mess that up?!

14. Deluxe edition of The Velvet Rope being released to streaming on Friday, including a few tracks and remixes making their streaming debut. The remastered videos for Go Deep, I Get Lonely, You, Got ’Til It’s Gone and Together Again [Deeper Remix] will be released on Friday too.

Disc 1:
    1. Interlude -Twisted Elegance
    2. Velvet Rope [feat. Vanessa-Mae]
    3. You
    4. Got 'Til It's Gone [feat. Q-Tip & Joni Mitchell]
    5. Interlude - Speaker Phone
    6. My Need
    7. Interlude - Fasten Your Seatbelts
    8. Go Deep
    9. Free Xone
    10. Interlude - Memory
    11. Together Again
    12. Interlude - Online
    13. Empty
    14. Interlude - Full
    15. What About
    16. Every Time
    17. Tonight's The Night
    18. I Get Lonely
    19. Rope Burn
    20. Anything
    21. Interlude - Sad
    22. Special
    23. Can't Be Stopped
    24. Accept Me [Bonus Track] *
    25. God's Stepchild [Bonus Track] *

Disc 2:
    1. I Get Lonely (TNT Remix Edit) with BLACKstreet *
    2. Got 'Til It's Gone (Ummah Jay Dee's Revenge Mix) *
    3. Go Deep (Timbaland/Missy Remix) featuring Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott *
    4. Together Again (Jimmy Jam Deeper Mix) *
    5. Every Time (Jam & Lewis Disco Mix)
    6. I Get Lonely (Jam & Lewis Feel My Bass Mix) *
    7. Got 'Til It's Gone (David Morales & Frankie Knuckles Def Club Mix) *
    8. Together Again (Tony Moran 12" Club Mix) *
    9. Go Deep (Masters at Work Thunder Mix) *
    10. Together Again (Tony Humphries Club Mix Edit)
    11. I Get Lonely (Jason vs. Janet The Club Remix)
    12. Go Deep (Masters At Work Vocal Deep Disco Dub)
    13. Got 'Til It's Gone (Armand Van Helden Bonus Beats)
    * = new to streaming

huntypoo, Dreampopboy, Jóga and 38 others like this.
  15. Oh God, my coochie

[​IMG]

Also, paging @will82 - BLACKstreet remix incoming!

LPT, Fuchsia, will82 and 13 others like this.
  16. Accept Me is king. I need it to soothe my soul from time to time.

LPT, Damita Jo, nikkysan and 3 others like this.
  17. PS: Please unleash that The Velvet Rope 25 Ultimate Edition on CD, Miss Janet.

18. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

[​IMG]

This gif has never been truer than in this moment. Not her team FINALLY doing something for once.

Dreampopboy, LPT, nikkysan and 9 others like this.
  19. Thom Browne check cleared!!

20. Perhaps her team could also reissue janet. for its 30th anniversary on May next year?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.