Janet Jackson

It seems obvious she doesn’t really want to put out new music and would rather just perform and take care of her child.
Touring is so much more time consuming than putting out new music though. It's more profitable yes but new music would help so much rather than touring with the same material over and over.

RainOnFire

Staff member
A lot of us have made this same post multiple times but it bears repeating - no new music would be fine if we were getting proper anniversary editions with rarities, remastered videos, and just general legacy upkeep. But we're not even getting that. The promise of Damita Jo "surprises" were announced over a week ago and it's been crickets, and sorry but she doesn't have the kind of track record where we can trust that anything is actually coming based off an announcement, clearly.

Also if new music is no longer a priority, then why tease a new song at one of the shows last year. That, plus her including the clip of her talking about Black Diamond on Jimmy Fallon in the documentary, plus other things I'm probably forgetting just make it feel like we're being strung along and it is so frustrating.

She apparently did at least one interview from her car with a Zoom background.

Things stated:

* she is promoting the Together Again summer tour
* last year, she needed to "straighten out things in her backyard" and she will be putting out new music
* talks a lot about including songs she hasn't done before or in a long time on her setlist

Someone said she did The Drew Barrymore Show too.

9 years this year since Unbreakable.

I've been rather obsessed with this criminally underrated Janet gem lately:

The Slow Jam International Edit, is everything. Wish this along with all the other remixes, including the Junior remixes were put on streaming.

I was so happy when she finally sung this song for the first time on stage for the State of the World Tour.

She needs really management. Rene would have been a great manager, not a husband.

She absolutely needs competent management. The fact that things got so bad she had to hold multiple auctions is egregrious, especially for a superstar of her stature. Her stuff should be archived and celebrated, not sold off to pay for whatever shady deal Randy made. And I still think her catalogue is being mismanaged, her streams are abysmal and her music has no real presence in culture.

Last edited:
She absolutely needs competent management. The fact that things got so bad she had to hold multiple auctions is egregrious, especially for a superstar of her stature. Her stuff should be preserved and celebrated, not sold off to pay for whatever shady deal Randy made. And I still think her catalogue is being mismanaged, her streams are abysmal and her music has no real presence in culture.
Perfect post and all alas so sad and yet true. I can't believe the icon who was behind such an iconic empowering record as Control is allowing such mistakes and mishaps to happen.