Janet 'planting the seeds for new project' | The Popjustice Forum

Janet 'planting the seeds for new project'

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by LPT, Feb 9, 2009.

1. LPT

LPT

End of an era and the beginning of a new one!

So it's been now confirmed that Miss Janet is back to work!
    I'm super glad that Jimmy and Terry are back on bored. Let's hope they take their time and don't second guess themselves this time round...

Monday, February 09, 2009
    Jimmy Jam says he's working with Janet on new project

In a new interview posted on YouTube by the Grammy organization, Jimmy Jam said that Flyte Tyme is currently working with Janet on a new project.

"We're also working with Janet Jackson," he said in the interview. "We did not work on her last album at all. And contrary to some things I think that have been written, there was no riff - there was no beef between us. She decided to go a different way, which was fine, but we've been working together over twenty years. We've just started putting the seeds for a new project together and we're really excited about it."

www.janet-xone.com

2. I actually really liked Discipline. I hope they don't completely abandon that sound.

3. LPT

LPT

I would love to pieces a record full of Ifs,Together Agains,All For Yous, Someone To Call My Lovers, All Nite (Don't Stop)'s, Island Lifes, So Exciteds,Feedbacks,Rollercoasters and Rock With Yous... all AMAZING

4. I guess it's good news, but Jimmy & terry didn't deliver their best on Damita Jo or 20 Y.O. Still, it's better than JD.

5. LPT

LPT

I enjoyed all the club bangers and the island themed tracks on Damita Jo... as with what happened with 20 YO i blame the midget (JD) for fucking that project up

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

So it's been now confirmed that Miss Janet is back to work!
    I'm super glad that Jimmy and Terry are back on bored. Let's hope they take their time and don't second guess themselves this time round...

haha back on bored!

7. Really? Hit-and-miss (mostly miss) as he is, he did deliver her best song in a long time in the form of Rock With U.

8. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Agree, best Janet single since Velvet Rope.

9. Janet will pull this back, I have faith in her now she is back where she belongs.

10. She can come back if all of the pieces of the puzzle fit back together, I mean last time she came back with an amazing song with Feedback but did a shocking video and no promotion anywhere until the last minute she then did about 5 dates of a tour and gave up...which I really didn't understand as I thought it was a great show andshe did have a lot to give on the night.

They just don't need to give her anymore watered down r&b, 20 Y.O is one of the worst albums I own...and yes Discipline is better but not by enough of a margin.

11. So...another greatest hits then?

12. ^^ haha.
    I'd love a new janet greatest hits! if it was 2cd or something though.

13. Maybe that is what she needs to get back on top.

I want Pop Janet back, no more of this fake RnB Bull from her, thats where she went wrong in my opinion.

She always did Pop dance RnB well enough but by dropping that she lost a hell of a lot of fans along the way.

14. LPT

LPT

not neccesarily..just an amazing album full of hot uptempos and catchy melodies will do me just fine

15. vasilios

vasilios Guest

She only left for one album.
    And excuse me Discipline is very, very Pop.

AND R&B Janet, done right, a la janet. or Velvet Rope is ok with me.

16. I did not like it, I thought it was a very weak album that lacked her former spark, but then I felt like that about the two before that also.

Janet and Velvet Rope had the right mixture of many sounds which is what made them so amazing, but then she left that experementation for the likes of Ne-Yo.

17. Ugh, Janet, enough with the sexual references!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.