The Best Things In Life Are Free
Again
Son Of A Gun
All Nite
SEXited

please.

S

someboy0716

She'll obviously do All For You, which still stands as her most recent big hit.

I'm a huge fan so I would love to see her live. I've the DVD of her last 2 tours and they are very very similar, I hope she doesn't rehash the usual "If" and "Again" performances and the typical "Escapade" medley and does something, she can still do hits it just would be nice to see them presented in a different way. I hope she does Enjoy from the last album as well, it deserves an airing, and doesn't go too overboard on Discipline tracks. I enjoy that album but I think at a push 8 songs from it would be enough.

paul lekakis said:
17days said:
Ermmmm... That's like saying "Sorry, we can't get a table at Nobu but don't worry, they've got one at McDonalds..."

You can critize Janet's music as much as you want (even though I think she has the upper hand this year with "Discipline" having stronger/less tired sounding tracks than "Hard Candy") but judging from her last two tours she sure knows how to create an equally amazing live experience and is a helluva lot better at dancing and working the crowd and interacting with her fans.

Well, at least with Madonna it's a whole new tour and not a .janet/Velvet Rope/All For You re-hash with a couple of new songs here and there...

vasilios said:
Pleasure Principle
Control
Rhythm Nation
Come Back To Me
Alright
If
The Best Things In Life Are Free
Again
Son Of A Gun
All Nite
SEXited

please.

If it was this type of Hits tour I would go. After “All For Youâ€￾ I sadly ceased interest.
I would particularly love “Ifâ€￾ in Brothers In Rhythm style.

Plus she's calling it Rock “Witchuâ€￾. Is she going out of her way to put us off?

S

someboy0716

I'm sure that's what Janet did, spent hours upon hours trying to find ways to anger her fans with the title of the tour!

I think it'll be best if she opens with Feedback, just want to put that out there, and I only need perhaps one song with 20 Y.O., and that's a maybe, the less said about that album better.

As for the accussation that the tour is a janet/velvet rope/all for you re-hash, well considering those albums contain her last BIG hits, you can't really blame her. One of the things I love about Janet is her affection for her older material, something a lot of artists don't show.

someboy0716 said:
I'm sure that's what Janet did, spent hours upon hours trying to find ways to anger her fans with the title of the tour!

No, she just spent no time at all thinking about what current/old fans might like.

All I’m saying is, she’s 42 and shouldn’t be saying “witchuâ€￾. Nobody should in my opinion.

Some MUST have songs -
(By album)
(Open with "Feedback", close with "All For You")

Control
Nasty / Pleasure Principal

Together Again
Got Til It's Gone / Everytime

All For You
Son Of A Gun
Someone To Call My Lover / Doesn't Really Matter

Just A Little While
All Nite

Call On Me
So Excited / Enjoy

Feedback
LUV
Rock Wit U
So Much Betta
Can't B Good
The 1
Discipline

Obviously it's the "Discipline tour", but Janet loves her older material, and so do the fans...
It could easily turn out to be a sort of "Onyx Hotel"-esque affair... Aimed for a certain album, but in truth works out as a massive greatest hits thing...

If you're bothered to pay for Janet, you'll much rather have the older stuff (imo)

P

paul lekakis

someboy0716 said:
I only need perhaps one song with 20 Y.O., and that's a maybe, the less said about that album better.

I remember reading an interview where she said that she'll reuse parts she worked on from the cancelled "20 Y.O." tour. Let's hope those parts are about her older material...

Mirror Man said:
someboy0716 said:

No, she just spent no time at all thinking about what current/old fans might like.

All I’m saying is, she’s 42 and shouldn’t be saying “witchuâ€￾. Nobody should in my opinion.

Does anyone actually give a toss what the tour's called as long as it's good? Speaking as someone who's just shelled out for the 'Sticky and Sweet' tour, I'm in the 'no' camp.

I think Janet's best bet to attract people in Europe, Australia etc. is to market the whole thing as a greatest hits tour and keep ticket prices to a reasonable level. It'll be more appealing to casual - or lapsed - fans that way, and she can revive interest by combining old hits with a decent quantity of material from Discipline. I'd be quite happy to hear nothing from the previous two albums (except possibly All Nite and So Excited).

Kirkyboy said:
Kicks off Sept 10th in USA.

Think she'll be arsed to bring it to the UK? Could she sell out an arena anymore? Personally i really really hope she does, id love to see her again.

Weird I thought it kicked off in Vancouver, Canada ;)

Either way I'm gonna try to go--the tickets are a fraction of what i'm paying to see Madonna in Van, and I was such a big Janet fan in the 90s as a kid, even if I no longer really am I always said I'd see her liv eonce.

"As for the accussation that the tour is a janet/velvet rope/all for you re-hash, well considering those albums contain her last BIG hits, you can't really blame her. One of the things I love about Janet is her affection for her older material, something a lot of artists don't show. "

I think the criticism more was that much like Cher's last few shows, Janet's have been VERY VERY similar to each other in terms of themes, staging ideas, etc

E

Not sure about this one. I think it's unlikely to make it here, as whispers in the US suggest ticket sales have been sluggish, and that's her main territory, giving her a number 1 album with 'Discipline'.

I think for the type of tour than Janet does, and the type of show that fans are hoping for, her 'people' will probably decide that bringing it to the UK simply isn't going to be profitable, especially as she can't get away with charging Madonna-style ticket prices.
It's a numbers game at the end of the day and for Janet they're unlikely to stack up.

BUT....even if the tour didn't make (much) money, if it was done well it could help to re-establish her in the mind of the media and the public here, so bringing it to these shores could serve her well in the long run.

Given the gems that she came up with in the 90s ('Gone till it's gone', 'Together Again', 'Throb' 'That's the way love goes') it feels a bit sad to be thinking about Janet in this sort of 'rescue package' way, as it underlines just how low her star has sunk. Another flop album and I fear she will be history.

The current setlist contains 44 songs according to Janet on an American radio interview.

Crikey, must be one hell of a lot of medleys.

Anyone else think, now she said she is coming to Europe, that she should announce some dates?

Or do we think, yes she will come to europe but not with a discipline tour, but with a greatest hits one???

M

moorje

Discipline tour! She always knocks out the hits, even if in medley form, at previous gigs. And let's face it, she's not had any 'hits' since her 'All For You' tour. I'd be quite happy if there wasn't a single song from Damita Jo or 20YO...unless it was All Night (Don't Stop).