Japanese Breakfast | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Japanese Breakfast

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Andy French, Apr 10, 2016.

1. [​IMG]

The album leaked the other week, by the way, it's lovely. Sit has a bit of heft to it but otherwise it's all bright and breezy, Paprika in particular is pretty instant.

slaybellz, HeartSwells and Jonathan27 like this.
  2. I’m so pumped for midnight.

Jwentz and Jacques like this.
  3. This album is The Shit and is an immediate 11/10. Very diverse. Lotsa synths!

Thank you Michelle.

4. I have started my initial first listen and Paprika already won me over. This is gonna be great

Mister_G, cuddle dungeon and ysev like this.
  5. Paprika and Posing For Cars.

No I don’t think you understand, I’m obsessed.

6. Island

Island Staff Member

Posing in Bondage is an awesome track.

7. Paprika and Be Sweet really start the album OFF.

Im honestly obsessed with this era. Im going to need a lot more plays for this, but I love how adventurous and bouncy it is!

Mister_G and cuddle dungeon like this.
  8. Her sensibilities are just so...eclectic? Like this is as bright and buoyant as I expected but there are also all these added flourishes that really bring the material to life: I was vibing to Slide Tackle and then that sax came in!

This is immediately one of the year's best and I can't wait to spend every blisteringly hot day this summer blasting it.

Mister_G, Mushroom, godspeed and 5 others like this.
  9. I love when I download an album with absolutely no knowledge of the artist, and within 15 seconds of Track 1, I am already hooked. I’ve only listened to Paprika and damn, it’s magic.

ysev likes this.
  10. Posing In Bondage may just be the song of the year.

11. Excuse my double post, but whew at the outro of Posing for Cars.

Mister_G, Diet Pop!, Mushroom and 8 others like this.
  12. Shout out to Michelle and Jack Tatum for transforming this into that.

Going to the live show and having Posing For Cars close the set is... ugh, already getting caught up thinking about it.

Diet Pop!, Jwentz, aux and 1 other person like this.
  13. This is just such a solid overall package. I think this is really gonna bring her to the next level.

14. I needed

bondage

15. Never paid much attention to her before, but this album is really nice. Posing In Bondage is a highlight for me, too.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
    Mister_G, Cutlery and digitalkaiser like this.
  16. Echoing a few of you: I haven't been able to move past "Paprika" yet!

17. Absolutely love this. All of the strings were quite the surprise! She's so talented.

Euphoria likes this.
  18. Mister_G likes this.
  19. Also loving the surprise strings peppered throughout. A lot of this sounds borderline… uncool… maybe not the right word, but I adore it. It’s like obscure city pop morphed with The Cardigans & Camera Obscura.

The run from Kokomo, IN to In Hell is pretty bulletproof for me.

godspeed likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.