Jax Jones - Snacks (Debut Album) | Page 9 | The Popjustice Forum

Jax Jones - Snacks (Debut Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by strangekin, Dec 1, 2017.

1. You can’t exactly call Tove chart poison when she’s only had two hits and her music hasn’t exactly been radio friendly

aux likes this.
  2. Ah yes, Jax only works with notorious radio darlings such as *checks notes* ...Madison Beer.

3. I mean, if you look at all the songs on the Snacks EP, a lot of the featured artists weren't exactly the most famous popstars in terms of success when their respective song came out: RAYE, Ina Wroldsen, Mabel, Stefflon Don, Mike Dunn, MNEK, Madison Beer... those songs certainly helped to put their names out there.

Andy French likes this.
  4. Sounds like a re imagined Sexual.

5. This is...his first misstep. Not only is it boring but it doesn't fit in with his other songs at all.

deepheat03 likes this.
  6. Of course the track with Bebe is absolute shit.

7. He’s gonna have to start calling it Bodega instead of Snacks with all these added products

digitalkaiser, Diet Pop!, R92 and 7 others like this.
  8. [​IMG]

9. So disappointed as this is the very first Jax release that hasn’t been an instant grab for me. Jax is big enough now that he shouldn’t be needing to give artists like Bebe a booster shot and instead be pulling some bigger and more interesting collabs.

I’ll probably get mauled for saying this but I’d be interested in him working on something with Sam Smith now he’s back to embracing his bop-self.

Edit: ddd I just realised I said i want more interesting collabs and then suggested Sam - but I think it could work.

Mikal likes this.
  10. Yikes. To drop the unrelenting ‘All Day and Night’ and then follow it up with boring, unseasoned trash like ‘Harder’ and the Jess Glynne song...

What’s going on Jax? Everything okay?

Mr Blonde and OspreyQueen like this.
  11. This is why we shouldn't trust straight men.

Mikal likes this.
  12. The pitched vocals (or whatever it is) during the verses just reminds me of Beep by The Pussycat Dolls.
    I actually kinda like the song though whoops.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  13. Jax has served some incredible bangers and this is not one of them. A massive let down.

14. Maybe I'm basic, but I quite like this.

Ring Ring is the worst thing he's released in my opinion.

15. Ring Ring is that trash bop, and I get my basic life to it.

I mean, it contains these iconic lyrics:

I got a lot of friends, trust
    You don't wanna meet my brother
    So don't come into my ends, trust
    We all know you've been fucking with another

This new song ain’t it.

Mikal likes this.

16. Hearts for eyes emoji.

2014, Mr Blonde, nooniebao and 7 others like this.
  17. The way they made every song into a product with its specific package design... SO GOOD.

18. Wait Josep Vinaixa lives on on Insta?

nooniebao, Jacques and jawow_ like this.
  19. An actual album and not just an ever-growing mixtape? Have I woke up in the right universe???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.