Jay-Z feat. Blue Ivy Carter - Glory | The Popjustice Forum

Jay-Z feat. Blue Ivy Carter - Glory

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by SpanishEyes, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Amazing.

2. Glorious.

3. Is this forreal?

4. Get that pregnacy smash! Just wait for Beyonce to say something about wanting privacy for her child and how she wants her to have a normal upbringing in some interview soon. #Hypocrite

5. Awwww! how sweet and sad at the same time!

6. Blue-Ivy is set to be the youngest act ever to have a #1 record.

7. bythebay

bythebay Guest

So asinine. This makes me judge him so much because a) either he wrote this song before and recorded her the second she walked out or b) he recorded the song after when most parents would want to be spending as much time with their new child. It just seems opportunistic and rather telling for a couple who claims to want privacy as much as they do.

8. Tommie

Tommie Guest

Exactly.

For a couple who allegedly wants so much privacy, why go and do this then?

This is the most attention-seeking shit EVER.

9. SilverSurfer

SilverSurfer Guest

This is one of those times where it's appropriate to wheel out the good old "I can't".

10. You don't really understand the mentality of rappers then.

What Jay-Z did is absolutely nothing unusual for a rapper. Serious rappers rhyme and record, non-stop That's how you get dudes like Tupac still releasing brand new material 15 years after he got killed. Guys like Jay-Z will always record, even in the middle of an earthquake.

If Jay-Z's mother died, he'd be in the studio the next day to record a tribute song. It's not cynical, it's just the way a lot of serious rappers choose to express themselves. I think he recorded it after she was born, and it was a sincere effort.

11. Actually, this is one of the few listenable songs from him. Just sweet.

12. bythebay

bythebay Guest

I understand the mentality. It doesn't make it any less cringeworthy or in my eyes completely hypocritical.

13. I made a comment before she was born about working on her debut single. Didn't think it'd actually happen. Cringe.

14. I quite like the song actually. I think it's a little silly that a Blue Ivy single is being released ALREADY, but whatever.

15. I don't think recording a song about your kid and including some sampled baby cries constitutes "hypocrisy". It's not like he's wheeling the kid out for Hello and OK and doing happy family photo shoots for the assembled international media (though they'll eventually have to release photos, just to get the press to stop hunting for pictures of the child).

Rappers rap about shit in their lives. His first kid is a monumental event for him. Expecting him not to rap about it is actually slightly ridiculous.

And frankly, I'm glad he's got a kid to rap about now, because it gives him some new subject matter. He can't rap about being a drug dealer anymore, and there's only so much he can rap about being wealthy and fabulous before it becomes tiresome. I expect there will be more "I'm a daddy" related songs in future.

16. Are there really people saying that a father who is a musician making a song about how happy he is to have a newborn child is opportunistic? Really? Would hate to have this board be around when Stevie wrote Isn't She Lovely? God, what an opportunist.

Also, rappers and particularly Jay-Z are capable of producing lyrics and laying down a cut in a few hours, so let's stop pretending that this took more than the few hours it took him to lay it down in his personal studio while Bey and Blue were sleeping, okay?

Some people are just looking to be hateful I guess.

17. By Monday, Blue-Ivy will be suing Jay-Z for her cut of the royalties.

18. Did Beyoncé have a miscarriage? He mentions one in the song.

19. duckface

duckface Guest

Oh wow... Just lost all my respect for both of them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.