Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Mar 14, 2019.

1. I agree re: the Lost One live arrangement. The intimacy of the studio version is lost when it’s performed with a full backing band.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    Mr Blonde, Jersey, godspeed and 3 others like this.
  2. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Great Guardian article here - I love all the goodwill she's receiving right now!

3. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

[​IMG]

It's the audio from this incredible performance and thankfully not the piano/band version nn!

TRAVVV, Sprockrooster, tea and 9 others like this.

sesita and tea like this.
  5. She ATE. Did that man have to be involved though?

6. National Anthem performance with Eric Church at today’s Super Bowl:

sesita, Sprockrooster and Sail On like this.
  7. That was frustrating to watch to say the least. Just why? She did amazing with the shitty situation though.

8. K94

K94

When Jazmine Thee Sullivan is singing, no one else's mic should be on but she was incredible of course, and that headpiece!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    Mr.Arroz, TRAVVV, allyshone and 7 others like this.
  9. That final note was everything.

Sail On likes this.
  10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

She sounded phenomenal and he was giving me background vocalist whose mic volume was too high.

There's something ironic about the fact that the NFL were clearly trying to push a message of ~unity~ or something by having the two of them sing together, yet all I'm seeing online are people dragging not only him but her too. I'm pressed even though I knew this was going to happen.

TRAVVV, sesita and nooniebao like this.
  11. Who’s dragging her?

12. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Not dragging necessarily, but for every tweet that I'm seeing that says "she should've sang it alone", there's a reply saying "he should've sang it alone". Then again, it's Twitter which probably says enough.

I don't know, I just think the NFL thought they were doing something by pairing the two of them together even though they come from different genres and have vastly different singing styles. Not only that, but the anthem is rarely sung as a duet (at least to my knowledge) which felt like even more of a set-up.

K94 and nooniebao like this.
  13. Pick Up Your Feelings performance on Verizon’s Super Bowl after-show. She has been everywhere this past month!

14. Goes without saying, but they should've really let her perform by herself. She was eating him alive without even trying, so it came off a bit disjointed. But I'm glad to see her everywhere getting the recognition she deserves.

I want to siiit on iit...

[​IMG]

tea, TRAVVV, allyshone and 3 others like this.
  15. Why why why was that man even on stage? Jazmine did amazing (obviously) just wish it was all hers.

16. I saw a brief clip on TheShadeRoom of her singing before I went to sleep and she sounded incredible.

She really about to ditch us for another year, huh.

17. That was phenomenal! Those vocals!!

sesita likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.