Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Jazmine Sullivan - Heaux Tales

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by nooniebao, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Didn't Dev pen a letter asking why she hasn't received the dues some of her male contemporaries have received? Maybe on his tumblr or something? I think it was after Reality Show. Happy to see them work together!

tea, kermit_the_frog, TRAVVV and 3 others like this.
  2. Dev being involved has me throbbing.

3. “Project” ... this is just an EP, right?

Dev Hynes + Jazmine sounds like a match made in heaven.

sesita likes this.
  4. Iconic title.

5. Apparently just an EP, but it will probably lead to an album, especially since the YouTube title of the teaser is subtitled "Part One":

sesita and Euphoria like this.
  6. The title, Dev Hynes being involved, Lost One still having my heart on its palm... murder me Jazmine.

TRAVVV, Jersey, 2014 and 5 others like this.
  7. I can already sense this project will be soundtracking my entire 2021. I can’t wait!

8. Honestly I find Dev's production for others consistently a bit.. limp and lacking, but I'll consume anything miss Sullivan puts on a streaming service.

9. Recent interviews:

FINISH LINE and sesita like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

I am so psyched for this - her material has been immaculate this year, I need to properly delve into her previous stuff.

tea and nooniebao like this.
  11. I had a passing familiarity with her albums until the the good sis @RainOnFire gave me the push and I can confidently say you won’t be disappointed! All three albums are severely underrated as quality wise they’re basically modern classics, Love Me Back in particular.

K94, tea, soratami and 8 others like this.

12. I’ll take another collab with Kindness, please and thank you!

13. Came here to echo this. She sounds incredible on dancier tracks!

2014, nooniebao and Jersey like this.
  14. Promo online has been very light the last couple of weeks but the EP/mixtape should still be dropping this Friday.

tea, Jersey, sesita and 4 others like this.
  15. Do we know how many tracks or? *eyes emoji*

16. We're so close!

nooniebao likes this.

17. With Chapter 4 called Pick Up Your Feelings, we can assume the other chapters are song titles as well: Girl Like Me and Put It Down.

sesita and nooniebao like this.
  18. Based on her Instagram posts mentioning different "parts" before what looks like song titles, I would suspect the tracklist to look something like this...

1. Heaux Tales
    2. Girl Like Me
    3. Put It Down
    4. Pick Up Your Feelings​

And then maybe "Lost One" as the final track? I honestly doubt this will be more than a short EP but I know she will deliver (and it also includes production from Dev Hynes) so either way we'll win.

RainOnFire and sesita like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.