Jeffo presents PJ Retro 46: The Popjustice Retro Song Contest That Is Definitely Not PJOPS, OK? | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Jeffo presents PJ Retro 46: The Popjustice Retro Song Contest That Is Definitely Not PJOPS, OK?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, May 12, 2019.

1. Psychic queen

soratami, Jeffo and berserkboi like this.
  2. @berserkboi slowly coming to the realization that between 4 recent PJOPS contest appearances and a contemporaneous discography rate, there's basically a permanently reserved chair bearing Dalida's name in the PJ Retro veto lounge:

[​IMG]

3. That looks enough like me age 4 for it to be a dagger to my heart too! Dddddd

4. I know I was looking forward to male vocals, because this is the only contest with themes.

One day.

5. Thank you for proving @Hudweiser that she belongs here since she is still unknown to you!

Maki and soratami like this.
  6. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. You see what happens when you pass up a hosting opportunity, @Robsolete?

[​IMG]

8. @Jeffo not the child in the rain coat. Still have nightmares all these years later.

9. This. The "big music markets" mentioned in the veto criteria would be France, Germany, Japan, Australia and Canada, which are the biggest music markets along with the UK and US, not to mention Australia and Canada are both English-speaking countries, which is also important. But songs will have to have been really huge hits in these countries for it to be taken into consideration for veto purposes.

10. Mess at me thinking "Vanessa Gold impersonator" referred to Sonia until I remembered who Vanessa Gold was.

Incidentally, Now I'm Without You is THAT bop.

Jeffo, londonrain and soratami like this.
  11. Wow, I never actually noticed that's what that font was. I guess it seems somewhat fitting for a pre-00s song contest.

Of all the songs to go for though...

Maki and berserkboi like this.
  12. Jeffo, berserkboi and soratami like this.
  13. Yes, let this be a reminder that 1) those in power get to write herstory, and 2) I'm not opposed to gaslighting people.

soratami and VivaForever like this.
  15. I had a dream last night that @Jeffo revealed the voting list for a song contest round on a Friday, randomly closed it at 5 am the following Tuesday before I’d started on my scores, and won the whole thing with Monica’s single Commitment, which he’d entered specifically so that I wouldn’t be able to.

Demonic is about right.

16. The thievery and the scammery of my dream self, ugh, her mind.

Also, 5 am your time is usually midnight my time. Loving the attention to detail!

berserkboi, Maki, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  17. One thing PJOPS had as a title that PJ Retro doesn't quite have, at least in my mind, is that it stands out when you're looking for the thread in the Charts, rates etc. subforum. Maybe it should be PJ RETRO?

soratami and berserkboi like this.
  18. This may just be the "Jeffo Presents" thing - unless he wins and hosts every round going forward (dddddd) the next few starting directly as "PJ Retro etc" should stand out more...

19. Yeah this. I think PJRetro looks better than PJRETRO, also Retro isn't an acronym, unlike SC or OPS, so making it all caps doesn't really make sense.

In terms of vetoing, so far there's only been one so far, and it was song that someone already had tried to enter in PJOPS 39 and got vetoed there too.

Untouchable Ace, londonrain and Maki like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.