Jeffo presents PJ Retro 46: The Popjustice Retro Song Contest That's Definitely Not PJOPS, OK? | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Jeffo presents PJ Retro 46: The Popjustice Retro Song Contest That's Definitely Not PJOPS, OK?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, May 12, 2019.

1. I'm afraid I will have to pass on this one but maybe next time!

Maki likes this.
  2. @soratami expecting a North American to get a Eurovision reference?

The optimism.

3. Well, that one was more for the Europeans/Australians

@Jeffo it was a reference to this performance by should-be Eurovision/PJ00s winner Kate Miller-Heidke

Robsolete, saviodxl, Island and 4 others like this.
  4. Y'all have a little less than 3 days left to get your song to me! A link to a countdown timer is in the first post for reference.

ohnostalgia, 2014, londonrain and 2 others like this.
  5. Less than 2 days left to enter!

To get in the mood, here's Paula Abdul performing at the 1990 American Music Awards, complete with 100 percent authentic VHS visual artifacts for aesthetic.

6. How many entries do we have so far, almighty @Jeffo? Also - have you convinced the elusive @Mina to join us again this iconic round? :)

7. We're at roughly 31 so far, with a few recent regulars who I haven't heard back from, so we'll see where it all ends up.

8. You dreamt of entering Monica in a song contest?

[​IMG]
    "Even your dreams are square."

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  9. Whoever thought of entering Tegan and Sara... that was certainly brave.

əʊæ, berserkboi and londonrain like this.
  10. So because I now have plans for tonight, the veto panel will probably still be deliberating for the next day or so, and I think I'm still waiting to hear back on a backup entry or two, you guys are still welcome to submit a song a little bit past the established deadline.

Just

to get your entries to me ASAP!!

11. “Whoever.”

It’s not like anybody here knows their first album except the people I made listen to it for their rate.

12. [​IMG]

13. I forgot about the page count rule change when I submitted them. Too bad that acts that continued past 2000 will not be able to feature obscure beginnings, but I persevered and hopefully found a replacement track.

And yes it was good for last round but I honestly forgot they released an album in 1999 when I was hunting for a song for 45. Okay????

londonrain, soratami and berserkboi like this.
  14. Next Free For All - we will plot for me to submit Tegan & Sara and for you to send Dalida. We will watch the forum crumble under our deviousness!! Mwahahahaahah

əʊæ, Maki, soratami and 1 other person like this.
  15. I don’t even know what to say to your schemes anymore.

Maki, VivaForever, londonrain and 3 others like this.
  16. @berserkboi is going full Game of Thrones with the schemery and tomfoolery. House Dalida will do anything for the Iron Throne triple crown!

əʊæ, Maki, soratami and 2 others like this.
  17. Yes, the "they became HUGE after a slow beginning" factor has stopped me from entering high-key two of my favorite Alanis Morissette songs from her teen-pop era:

18. Just say nothing.

Maki, VivaForever, berserkboi and 3 others like this.
  19. I can’t wait until Dalida is permanently banned because we all can’t take it anymore.

20. I have to say I for one had no idea they had even released any music in the 90s!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.