Jeffo presents PJ Retro 46: The Popjustice Retro Song Contest That's Definitely Not PJOPS, OK? | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Jeffo presents PJ Retro 46: The Popjustice Retro Song Contest That's Definitely Not PJOPS, OK?

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, May 12, 2019.

1. Perhaps we need to have a joint meeting of the three veto panels to discuss this problem.

2. Well, she'll be ineligible soon anyway, as the Dalida rate will surely go over the page limit

@berserkboi

[​IMG]

3. Poor @nnnumb @Sprockrooster @Maki who appreciate these discoveries!
    LOL - I anticipated she wouldn't qualify here anyway before I opened the thread since she's featured 4 times by that stage, all good. Maybe in a few years with aught of new users...

Filippa, Maki, Sprockrooster and 3 others like this.
  4. I honestly can't remember Dalida very well from the previous rounds she has been entered into.

berserkboi likes this.
  5. You're likely to know these three as you were part of those rounds:

I do wonder if @Sprockrooster @Riiiiiiiii and myself had submitted tracks with lyric videos, whether she'd be more remembered within the contest...

Filippa, soratami, Riiiiiiiii and 3 others like this.
  6. "I want to die on stage in front of the spotlights" (thanks to the subtitles). How camp!

londonrain and berserkboi like this.
  7. Camp, and indeed how she died!

ohnoitisnathan likes this.
  8. So the list should be up sometime tomorrow, right?

berserkboi and soratami like this.
  9. Probably yes I think, we're just going over a last handful of entries.

berserkboi, londonrain and Maki like this.
  10. 2014

2014 Moderator

Lauren Jauregui <3

soratami likes this.
  11. So to clarify, I must submit a song released prior to 1999 with roughly the same obscurity requirements of the PJ00's?

Island, Filippa, Jeffo and 3 others like this.
  12. Released prior to 2000, and yeah more or less the same criteria as PJ00s, though is a bit more lenient regarding chart positions and forum discussion.

Filippa, Jeffo, Maki and 1 other person like this.
  13. I decided to go for a relatively bold choice but even if it gets through I'm fairly sure the song will be divisive so I'm not exactly setting myself up for a win by choosing a well known act.

Filippa, Jeffo, Maki and 2 others like this.
  14. Hold tight, folks. A couple of last minute issues have popped up during the veto process and we've been working through them. Unless something else comes up, we should be finishing up soon.

For what it's worth, I usually anticipate some time after the submission deadline closes before the list can get posted, so as far as I'm concerned, we're still basically on schedule.

15. Excluding my own entry, I know 4 of these already. One of them was a future contender for me to enter into PJ Retro.

16. Despite Je Suis Passé and Rendez-vous possibly giving that impression, there's not a single French language song this time around. Sad!

17. I almost submitted one (how surprising), but it had to be a more special song for the first round of PJRetro.
    The general lack of foreign language songs in this round is a bit disappointing.

18. We do have Portuguese and Polish songs though which is cool as neither of those languages are usually represented in song contests.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.