Jeffo presents PJ Retro 83: On Different Wavelengths | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Jeffo presents PJ Retro 83: On Different Wavelengths

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by Jeffo, Nov 19, 2022.

?

Favorite color of visible light?

1. Red

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Orange

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. Yellow

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Green

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Blue

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  6. Indigo

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. Violet

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. Quick update because it's been a second. The panel has been deliberating and there have been a few vetoes, so I've relayed the news to those folks and will now wait to hear back from them. I've also been under the weather the past couple of days (including *Taylor Swift voice* sleepless nights) so I've had limited bandwidth in general, though hopefully I'm on the mend now.

2. Whew, alright. Veto panel is finished and song list is finalized. But first of all, let's see what was vetoed.

TEAM ALREADY ENTERED

Lunik - Other Side

Corynne Charby - Boule de flipper

3. TEAM ARTISTS TOO SUCCESSFUL

Chris Rea & Shirley Bassey - 'Disco' La Passione (Adams and Gielen 7" Mix)

Everything But The Girl - Before Today

Melissa Etheridge - Angels Would Fall

Enigma - Gravity of Love

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  4. TEAM PROBLEMATIC COVERS OR SAMPLES

Emmylou Harris - Boulder to Birmingham

Class Action - Weekend

Was (Not Was) - Spy in the House of Love (Dr. X in Full Effect Mix)

5. Last but not least:

TEAM ODDS AND ENDS

Kavana - Crazy Chance '97

UK top 20 single that followed up two UK top 10 singles

Rolling Circus - Enchilada Love

Jonna Nilsson from Rolling Circus is now known as ionnalee and is half of iamamiwhoami

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  6. Isobel, Maki, soratami and 2 others like this.
  7. But, what if All I Want For Christmas (TM) is to finish last first?

Maki and Untouchable Ace like this.
  8. Another round where my potential 12 is a song I might even prefer to my own entry...

[​IMG]

I recognize two songs from this list but in general it looks pretty obscure, aside a few familiar names. It will be a few days until I start listening but I'm definitely looking forward to the discoveries.

Oh, and I was the one who sent Lunik because it was a recent discovery and I loved it, without knowing it was sent under the title "Otherside" instead of "Other Side" (taste, @saviodxl!) And also because:
    I even made a mix of studio audio and music video and uploaded it to YouTube (on a separate account named 'otherside099', which sounds like an emo forum username from circa 2003) because the only music video link had lower sound quality... all that effort for nothing dd

Isobel, soratami, Up N Down and 4 others like this.
  9. YouTube playlist
    (there's a sub-2 minute song and an 8-minute song - my previous theme's impact! dd)

This is brand new information to me.

And these two in a row is sending me:
    As well as these three having a common theme despite being alphabetically sorted:

10. I've finished the Youtube listen. Give me your Spotify playlist @WoW73

11. Maybe if you're good

12. I actually quite love this but the title has me dead.

13. SPOTIFY PLAYLIST

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4SDXfZR0MqGLUOm84RN3uq

MISSING
    Annie Crummer - Language
    Charlie Makes the Cook - Boys and Girls
    Katz - What Goes On in Your Mind
    Lise Loïal - Cœur Perdu
    Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache
    Tatsuro Yamashita - Christmas Eve
    This Picture - Naked Rain

If you provided me with a Spotify link, I used that version on the list. If you didn't, I took a quick look for your song and if I found it, I checked to see if the song lengths matched up with video you provided. Please verify that the correct version is on the playlist and let me know of any corrections to make.

Also, this is your standard FYI to make sure you have the show unavailable songs option turned on.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  14. I'm honestly more curious to see what each entry's theme is than the actual contest results dd

Phonetics Girl, Isobel, Jeffo and 3 others like this.
  15. Whynotboth.gif

But yeah, it will be fun to guess what possible themes could these entries have.

16. My guess at some of the numbers noone picked:
    2, 16, 32, 46, 59, 61 & 79.

17. Especially when you see what [REDACTED] got.

18. Halfway through the list (already, I know) and so far this round mostly sounds like something an AC radio station from late 80s/early 90s would play, with a few more fun moments here and there. Make of that what you will.

Also, the Genius annotations for "Come Said the Boy". I'm screaming.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.