Jennifer Lopez - A.K.A. | Page 111 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez - A.K.A.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Demon Panda, Nov 2, 2012.

1. This is absolutely gorgeous. As is she in the video

2. This album is much more enjoyable today than it was last time I listened (probably a year or more ago).

So Good should have been a single. I love the emotion in Let It Be Me.

The album isn't all that different from the mix of urban, uptempos and ballads on her debut.

Chris Lala likes this.
  3. Unpop opinion, but I love Expertease very much.

Sunny B, Rob, Robbietoxic and 6 others like this.
  4. It would have been a good single too. Her vocals in the chorus are barely there over Sia's, annoyingly. All the deluxe tracks should have been on the main album with stuff like Acting Like That taken off.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. First Love is the perfect Max Martin bop for her and encapsulates the 2014 pop summer sound so well.
    I even have some love for Acting Like That.

Sunny B, Rob and bonnieetclyde like this.
  6. A.K.A. is one of those rare albums where I cannot find a single 10/10 song so I never feel the need to come back to it. I bought the deluxe cd for 3 euros* tho so whatever.

*It flopped really hard even in Italy where everybody loves her.

Push and Txetxu like this.
  7. Not even First Love? I think it's a 10 for me.

I love I Luh Ya Papi too. And that video.... she looked FINE.

Had she followed that with So Good and then Tens... what a great run that would have been...

Album should have been;

A.K.A.
    First Love
    Never Satisfied
    So Good
    I Luh Ya Papi
    Emotions
    Troubeaux
    Let It Be Me
    Expertease
    Booty
    Tens

8. First Love is weak. The whole album is crap honestly. Her own Britney Jean moment (except even that had Work Bitch and Perfume).

9. I really enjoy "I Luh Yuh Papi" and believe it deserved to do well (better than it did) on radio and sales.

That said, I'm never looking at J-Lo to give me a stellar, all killer no filler, wall to wall bop of an album. She just...doesn't have the attention span / free time to develop the necessary range.

10. Give it another listen, it's really not that bad.

11. Also a crime that Charades was not on the main album.

Verandi and JMRGBY88 like this.
  12. Rob

Rob

Why she didn't push Tens with a drag queen filled video remains a mystery, it was her best chance at a viral hit.

13. Potentially too similar to the Live It Up video if they had?

14. At this point I'd be happy if she just released an album.

Robbietoxic likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.