Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aamyko, Mar 10, 2008.

1. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Do we even need a thread on Jennifer Lopez? 'Do It Well' was a good single, but she commands about 1/50 of the attention that she used to.

2. God I didn't know she'd ever even announced a European tour! I went to a meeting at SonyBMG once (oooh get me etc) and they were tearing their hair out that every time she looked close to touring/promoting properly, she'd get offered a film role which would pay 10 times the money for one tenth the work!

3. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

No wonder she started Touring after her movie career was in the dumper...
    Wouldn't mind a DVD of that "EL Concierto" tour.

I searched the message board, but everything that came up were random Album/Single/Videoclip threads, so I though one all encompassing topic to put every news in would be enough.

4. I feel if she put some real effort into returning to music, it could be very good once again. The whole "Brave" campaign seemed very lazy, though obviously getting pregnant wasn't planned (or was it?).

I agree that she should be performing the original mix of "Waiting For Tonight". I don't 'get' the fascination over the Hex Momentous Mix. It's not THAT good.

Why was she performing in Russia? How random!

5. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

I'm not sure if she planned getting pregnant at the time, but I believe she really wanted to at the time.

6. Why didn't she always sing live? She'd have gained a lot more respect if she had. Instead most presumed it was because she couldn't sing, when she's got a great voice.

7. I don't think she ever sang live and sounded any good. If she did, you can guarantee it was prerecorded!

8. She gave some great live promo performances for the 'Brave' album and her spanish language album, like on Dancing With The Stars.

I'd say the Let's Get Loud performance posted above was live too.

9. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

All of these performances are live, there's an amazing performance of "Do It Well" on Fashion Rocks which is totally live and she hit all notes, and another one of "Ain't It Funny" which is live here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9qnlYb3udWY

She is capable of singing. Doesn't have the greatest voice on earth, but her reputation is unfair...

10. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Maybe she wasn't comfortable with it early on in her career and it was more of a confidence issue, because I was definitely shocked when I saw her Fashion Rocks performance of 'Do It Well' which was totally ace and I sat there thinking, "Wait, Jennifer Lopez can sing live?"

11. I wasn't really a J.Lo fan 'til a couple of years ago and presumed her to be a lip syncer, but she actually can deliver very good LIVE performances. She knows how to use her voice well.

12. It's a pity this album didn't take off as I think Brave could have been a big hit. I know she was preggers and all that, but you know. Plus I think Hold It Don't Drop It was one of her best. It's a pretty solid (if slightly dated) album.

13. That's the problem. She was so determined to pursue both careers that her heart wasn't fully in either of them, and both went down the tubes as a result. As you say, her film work prevented her from touring as she should have; meanwhile her lack of focus led to a series of poor film choices.

All that said - Brave is by far the best album she has ever made.

14. freshmucker

freshmucker Guest

As I was reading this thread, "I'm Real" came on my iTunes. Spooky....

A Jennifer Lopez Greatest Hits would definitely be an album worth buying.

As for why she always performs the Hex Hector remix of Waiting For Tonight (it's Momentous!) - perhaps this quote from Hex explains it a litle bit:

Speaking of... anyone remember this clip? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kMnJUUIFdQ

15. So she's not a bitch after all.

Or was she ever?

16. freshmucker

freshmucker Guest

Well, she is real.

I seem to remember that the contestants on "American Idol" season 6 praised her for being the friendliest and most supportive guest mentor... clear evidence of her not bitchness. Ha!

17. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

She's an entertainer, I think she played the bitch/diva card for all it's worth and because it worked so well with her fiery, Latina persona that she crafted for herself.

18. MJH

MJH

19. It could be a Spanish album too.

20. MJH

MJH

Oh god not another one of them lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.