Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion | Page 246 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aamyko, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Louboutins is ok. They "tay-king back my love" at the beginning has alway been a bit jarring to me. It didn't deserve to flop as hard as it did, but it did kind of do us a favor cuz if it hadn't we probably wouldn't have gotten On the Floor, I'm Into You, Papi, Hypnotico, and Charge Me Up Babeh. Still, Louboutins deserved an outing in Vegas.

Brief tangent: I remember her promoting Louboutins on Ryan Seacrest's show and he was saying how he didn't know how to pronounce it and was making a big show of how he - a man - would not know, and I remember thinking "dude, you interview women about their outfits for a living. Stop pretending you don't know how to pronounce Louboutins! This is why people don't think you're straight - because you try so hard to convince them you are!".

An Insider, Jordtayylor, LPT and 14 others like this.
  2. Brandy’s version of Louboutins is far superior. It sounds better in a lower key.

3. "Fresh Out The Oven" was a multi-week #1 that never was.

allyshone, dvno, LPT and 3 others like this.
  4. LPT, heavymetalGAGA, JasonJay and 6 others like this.
  5. The way Ben talked about her setting goals and methodically pursuing them is such an inspiration for my procrastinating ass.

JasonJay and Jordtayylor like this.
  6. The fact that I still need to Youtube pirated versions of the epileptic Jonas Akerlund video is homophobia in its peak. Why the fuck they didn't release this officially?

neinzedd likes this.
  7. For sure. Hardest working woman in show business in the last 20 years for me.

8. Latest rumour today is that JLo is headlining or at least in talks for headlining Glastonbury 2022. Never thought we’d see the day she’s headline a festival such as that! Shows the respect she now has as a performer compared to 10 years ago.

9. I don't see it, but it'd be nice.
    I just want new music.

HolyWater likes this.
  10. She has earned that Legends slot for sure.

HolyWater likes this.
  11. Interesting, if true. Not someone I'd associate with to play Glastonbury but then if Kylie can.

12. No shade to her, but was she ever that big in the UK? I always thought her success was more skewed towards the US.

Also

13. I just peeped her stats and 15 UK Top 10's (and 20 Top 20's) is pretty impressive.

14. She's big worldwide, let's not kid ourselves. She may not have had 10 no.1 singles or anything but the majority of folk know her biggest hits and know who she is.

15. Always with the hottest takes. No, they only listened to Enya and Phil Collins.

16. Yeah, she has more than enough hits and clout to headline. Her profile is arguably the biggest it’s been since the early 2000’s as well.

17. I’d love some new music I really would

zephyr and Robbietoxic like this.
  18. Waiting for Tonight, On The Floor, Jenny from the Block and Love Don’t Cost A Thing alone are as good as anything anyone that has ever headlined Glasto.

19. On the Floor in front of 100k people? A moment right there.

Robert, Knightr634, 4Roses and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.