Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aamyko, Mar 10, 2008.

1. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

I supposed she tasted blood after going on a tour for the very first time and may do so again when her "Greatest Hits" comes out. That would be quite awesome, the "El Concierto" tour had too many spanish songs anyway...

2. I suppose that's 'quite nice of her' and a bit unexpected. Of course, by performing the Hex Mix she also is cross-promoting her Remixes album, too, I guess.

3. woah.

that was so amazing!!! well done J.Lo!

gosh... she's a fantastic performer and what a fucking KILLER song that is.

i agree; one flop album from her (ok. 2.) shouldn't ruin her career. a GH package with a really hot single could knock her to the top again.

i'm impressed with that Waiting For Tonight performance for sure...

4. freshmucker

freshmucker Guest

I hope that, when/if Jennifer Lopez pops her head back into the scene, that she does something unique. Because I get the feeling her next project will somehow include one or more of the following people: Timbaland, Akon, JR Rotem, Danja, RedOne. And unless they've got some gems in hiding, I feel as though the response will be a resounding blah.
    Not that Jennifer has ever been particularly known for her ingenuity, but given the right song, she can knock it out of the park... hopefully that right song will not be a complete rehash of what someone else has already done.

5. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

I would totally love for her to go into a Latin-Pop/Freestyle/Dance direction with her next album. "Brave" was good, but it wasn't yet what I was craving for.

She should do more songs like "Play", "Waiting For Tonight", "Carino" etc.

Ditch the producers and go straight to the remixers. Ian Pooley, Pablo Flores, David Morales, Hex Hector...

6. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

So, she's gonna attend the Malibu triathlon on September 14.
    A new CD of hers is lined up for a October 31st release.
    Supposedly she worked with Swizz Beatz, Timbaland, Cory Rooney and The Matrix on new tracks for her "Greatest Hits".
    Guess the Latina is back!

7. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

She's really someone whose star has fallen absolute leagues, isn't she? Jennifer Lopez was the most famous person on the planet for a little while, and then everything went to the dumper. C'est la vie.

8. Indeed. I never thought she was that good anyway. In fact I thought she was dreadful excluding Play which is still a great pop song.

9. I miss her :-(

10. slimane

slimane Guest

She's not on the streets! Her film and music career may be up the shitter but purely from her WEALTH she's still kinda on the A List if that makes sense. Basically all year round she has $$$'s coming out of her arse from her clothing line & fragrances which sell in every country in the world.

11. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Oh, lord knows she's extremely wealthy and always will be, that wasn't my point in the slightest.

12. I heard that she purposely took herself out of the limelight - avoiding award shows, staying away from the paparazzi etc. She was becoming dangerously overexposed. Plus I believe she always wanted a comfortable family life, like the one she now has.

I don't think she is as driven for stardom as the likes of Madonna - she just seeks to be better than where she came from. I get the impression that JLo would be as fulfilled with a small group of diehard fans as being adored world wide.

13. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

So, she did the Triathlon.
    Who would have thought that the diva would do such a couple of years ago?

14. I knew nothing about this until I saw a picture of this slightly lumpy looking woman in a wet suit and swimming cap on a beach.

If someone has told me yesterday that she was doing this I wouldn't have believed them. She epitomises nu-glamour, it's really odd to see her in such a get up.

Good for her though! It shows she isn't so obsessed with what J-Lo represents 'as an image' and doesn't mind doing something very physically and potentially embrarassing for charity.

Still suprised though!

15. vasilios

vasilios Guest

16. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Shame, I would have loved to see some pictures. Yours look better than the professional stuff...

17. vasilios

vasilios Guest

It's just I don't see the gig happening at all and she has canceled before... And I think I have spent way, way, way more than I should on clothes while in London. Boo!

18. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

She would wheel out that boring "Hex Hector" mix of "Waiting for Tonight" anyway, so it's probably not worth the money. ;)

19. vasilios

vasilios Guest

You bet. It's my fave JLo song - the album version - and she always does the Hex version. Maybe she heard the 3rd Party version after she recorded it and felt ashamed?

20. Are we definitely not getting a single to promote the Greatest Hits? I'm dissapointed.

'Brave' was a great album, her best since 'J Lo'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.