Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aamyko, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Yes, there'll be a single. The GH got put back to next year so she can promote presumably without getting caught up in the 4th quarter rush.

2. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

She's probably too busy being Jennifer Lopez to bother recording anything new.

3. That's a little harsh and stereotype-based, no? Over the last 18 months she's released two studio albums, toured America, and filmed two films. She's no lazy cow.

4. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

Her touring was great as she hadn't done that in a long time, but the majority of 'Brave' sounds like it was phoned in from the poolside. Sorry.

5. Rob

Rob

Did the video for Brave ever make an appearance, since it was apparently recorded? I really think had it been released when she was more popular/given to a more popular artist, it could have been a big hit.

6. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Her pregnancy must have been the reason the single was held back. And the floppage of "Hold it Don't Drop it". But a video was shot and there's a clip of a Wideboys remix floating around. I bet they'll release that one for the "Greatest Hits". Along with "Do It Well" and "Mile in these Shoes" it's my favourite from the album.

7. Take her back to the poolside then because the album sounded great!

8. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

"Brave" is very good, not as classic as "J.Lo" but stronger than any of her other albums.
    I have a soft spot for "Stay Together", "Gotta be there" and even enjoy the stinky Keri Hilson ballad "Wrong When You're Gone".

But "Brave" is a really amazing song. It's nothing special on first listen, but creeps up on you with repeated rotation and then finally BANG!WHAM!THANKYOUMAM you fall in love with it. It's up there with other Dance ballads like "Call the Shots" and "The One"...

9. I always really wanted "Open Off My Love" to be released off her first album.

I think a greatest hits would be a good way to keep Jlo in the spotlight without having to shell out for (a probable flop) new album, but I hope some thought and care is taken into a new track for a lead single.

I don't want another 'Keeps Getting Better' in less than a month!

10. I've only started listening to Brave in the last few days, its a FANTASTIC album, by far her best - I've never LOVED 'The Lo' but I do now - A Mile In This Shoes, Stay Together, Brave and the two singles are certainly worthy of Popjustice, its a pity it didn't work for her.....GREAT GREAT ALBUM.

11. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

So, the "Greatest Hits" was delayed and comes out February 2009 and J.Lo is working on new tracks with some hot Producers.

Loads of info:

http://onlinejlofan.com/category/music/greatest-hits-album/

She's got so much great stuff, I wouldn't mind a lavish 2-Disc Essential Collection with some rarities (Out On The Floor).

12. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

I just don't consider Jennifer Lopez viable in the music industry anymore, her last big hit was the one with Ben Affleck in the video.

13. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

I guess it's the ageing divas syndrome. When these artists are going on 40, only the Gays are interested in their music anyway.

14. When I saw this subject line I thought to myself "Uh what does that pesky woman want?" I respected her until she became a craven media whore - and that happened to coincide with her career tanking.

15. I miss Jennifer Lopez.

16. I miss the good Jennifer Lopez...

17. She was here this time last year. Didn't you catch 'Brave'?!

18. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

"Brave" was a really good album. Her 2nd best after "J.Lo" (which still remains one of THE best albums of the 2000's)

I didn't understand the negativity towards it, everbody on here wants great Pop music to dance to and have fun and when the fierce Latina wheels out an album full of gems, it's getting ignored or people say it's dated, not good enough.

I was really glad how Jennifer just ditched verything faux-urban about her image and embraced Pop and her Gay fanbase. (the pink cover might be the reason for the flop, but hey it looks great)

19. I miss Jennifer because she was one of those pesky 'Celebrity' popstars (more about glamour and lifestyle than music) that actually was halfway decent - had some good songs, good videos, can sing and dance.

Now we have Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Heidi Montag.

She sounds like Aretha compared to those.

*sigh*

20. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

That argument can be applied to a lot of music artists these days, sadly.
    Remember the hugely talented Teen stars that are now the biggest global Popstars (Justin, Britney, Christina) and what do we have now? The atrocious "Disney" stable with Miley and the Jonas Bros. ...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.