Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion | Page 5 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Aamyko, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I want Brave enough...

2. I agree. She should have been comended for ditching the Rebirth dirge and coming back with unashamed pop. Instead she was punished.

3. I always got the distinct impression that Jennifer was never that interested in being 'urban' anyway. I mean, thinking about it, why would a latino woman in her early 30s that grew up in the Bronx listening to Selena and Gloria Estefan want to be?

I think because she was quite apathetic about music, and just saw it as a business extension of her brand, when her advisors at Sony told her she should 'go Urban' she agreed and didn't ask too many questions.

From her interviews on her back catalogue and from the songs she performs live now, it's quite obvious that it's songs in the Waiting For Tonight/Let's Get Loud/Walking On Sunshine vein that she prefers to most.

Even the majority of 'This Is Me Then...' sounded like a (quite poorly executed) neo-70s soul album with gratuitious and out of place sounding urban 'singles' thrown in to make sure it sold well.

4. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

I really liked the singles from Rebirths/This is me... + "Cherry Pie" and "Still", but the rest is really bad. To be honest, "On the 6" was also very bad, aside from the singles and "Open Off My Love". I have yet to hear "Como Ama Una Mujer", though I liked the three singles from it. It's just tough to hear a full spanish-language album without understanding a word...

Controversial opinion alert: Without "Love Don't Cost a Thing" and "Jenny from the Block" we wouldn't have had the "Establishing a worldwide megastar" single "Crazy in Love".

5. Brave is my favourite JL album by far, loved the 2 singles and Mile In These Shoes and Stay Together could've been singles, great songs.

6. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Source

7. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

I'll probably buy this because I've never bought one of her albums, despite liking a lot of her singles.

Why does she want to draw the public's attention back to 'Jenny From The Block' with that title? Wasn't it the general opinion that the song was ridiculous? I quite liked it, but got the impression not many other people did.

8. She's probably called it 'Still From The Block' in a desperate attempt to try and convince people she's just that. Even though she blatently not. Its no secret her last couple of albums have bombed- even if 'Brave' is a good album. 'Hold It Don't Drop It' was amazing.

9. Hot_Mess29

Hot_Mess29 Guest

You had better get your thread patented before crossie_kid copies it.

And I think this is perfect timing for a greatest hits, a new album would most probably flop again.

10. futurix

futurix Guest

I may buy this actually - would never buy original albums, but as hit collection it will be good purchase.

11. multimediac17

multimediac17 Moderator

According to wikipedia and her forum this is the tracklist:

"Still from the Block"
    "If You Had My Love"
    "I'm Real"
    "Ain't It Funny"
    "All I Have"
    "Let's Get Loud"
    "Waiting for Tonight"
    "Jenny from the Block"
    "Love Don't Cost a Thing"
    "Get Right"
    "I'm Glad"
    "Play"
    "I'm Gonna Be Alright"
    "No Me Ames"
    "Qué Hiciste"
    "Do It Well"
    "Hold It, Don't Drop It"

Where the hell is 'Feelin' So Good'? I love that song.

I'm going to have to make sure I never accidentally listen to 'Let's Get Loud' - I have an irrational hatred and fear of it.

12. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

This looks rather good. She's had some great singles.

Maybe "Let's Get Loud" is a cover of the song by Suntribe...

13. Actually, it's probably the single Let's Get Loud from her first album.

14. Poor ol' Jenny, I think we all knew a GH was coming. When did everyone stop caring about her? 'Brave' was quite good.

15. She's had some amazing singles and maybe a GH will renew some interest in her. Her star has fallen quite dramatically hasn't it? She was once so MASSIVE.

Wont be buying this though as I already own every album of hers. Unless it comes with a dvd of all her videos.

16. doubtful

17. someboy0716

someboy0716 Guest

She's so far removed from 'the block' these days it's quite laughable. Does the world need new Jennifer Lopez music? I wouldn't be opposed to watching her on screen, and yes she's had some good singles here and there, but it's time to throw in the towel, which hopefully is the point of this.

18. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Me too... yuck

19. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Really love most of het singles, and it seems like a pretty good tracklist..
    Only hope they'll put on the original versions of Ain't It Funny and I'm Real, instead of the lame rap-ones...

20. I'd never buy one of her studio albums, but that's actually a really good tracklisting. Hope Feeling So Good is on the Euro one.

Her remix album is amazing btw. I highly recommend it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.