Jennifer Lopez: The Singles Rate (FINALE!)

RainOnFire

Staff member
JenniferLopezLoreal.jpg

“THE ICON. JENNIFER. LOPEZ.” *Jack Mizrahi voice* (from the bonus track Tens available on the deluxe edition of A.K.A., in stores and on iTunes now!)

Where to begin with J. Lo. An actress, singer, author, fashion designer, dancer, and producer, Jennifer Lopez is widely regarded as one of the most successful entertainers in history. She became the first person in history to have a #1 album and #1 movie in the same week. Her remix album was the first remix album ever to debut at #1, and is the third highest-selling behind Michael Jackson and Madonna. Como Ama una Mujer holds the record for highest first week sales for a Spanish album in the US.

Her recording career has been a rollercoaster ride to say the least (#JusticeForILuhYaPapi) but there’s no denying the tunes, the bops, and the overall amazingness of Jennifer Lopez's singles discography.

Please rate the following list of singles with a score from 0 to 10 and PM your scores to me by Tuesday, July 15. Additional commentary is also appreciated!

If You Had My Love
No Me Ames (featuring Marc Anthony)
Waiting for Tonight
Feelin’ So Good (featuring Big Pun & Fat Joe)
Let’s Get Loud
Love Don’t Cost a Thing
Play
Ain’t It Funny
I’m Real
I’m Real (Murder Remix) (featuring Ja Rule)
Ain’t It Funny (Murder Remix) (featuring Ja Rule & Caddillac Tah)
Alive
I’m Gonna Be Alright (Track Masters Remix) (featuring Nas)
Jenny from the Block (featuring Styles P & Jadakiss)
All I Have (featuring LL Cool J)
I’m Glad
Baby I Love U!
Get Right
Hold You Down (featuring Fat Joe)
Qué Hiciste
Me Haces Falta
Do It Well
Hold It Don’t Drop It
Fresh Out the Oven (featuring Pitbull)
Louboutins
On the Floor (featuring Pitbull)
I’m Into You (featuring Lil’ Wayne)
Papi
Dance Again (featuring Pitbull)
Goin’ In (featuring Flo Rida)
Live It Up (featuring Pitbull)
Same Girl
I Luh Ya Papi (featuring French Montana)
First Love
Booty (featuring Pitbull)

(I printed my stan card like a month ago so let me know if I missed anything - I purposefully left out the features but we can still include them.)

Happy voting!

[video=youtube;y1xm8kmyKxc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1xm8kmyKxc[/video]

Last edited:
Re: Jennifer Lopez: The Singles Rate

So here for this. She has so many amazing singles, that a lot of people seem to overlook.

I always underestimate how successful J-Lo has been a musician. I don't think she was ever quite as big in Canada as in the States. But anyways, every one better give Get Right a 10 or there will be blood.

So up for this! I've been on such a J.Lo kick recently. She's got a few duds, which are entirely negated by the large number of bops which still manage to sound fresh today.

RainOnFire

Staff member

I'm in!

Booty is a single?

It hasn't happened yet, but Billboard wrote that it was poised to be the next single and Jennifer said a new video was being planned for it, so I imagine it's being lined up next after First Love is over. I know it's a teeny bit of a stretch just because we're in the middle of an era, but I thought I might as well include it.

I have been bumping her discography lately, so this was a breeze. SO many great singles!

This is the perfect rate. It's no secret her albums are patchy at best, but her singles catalogue is beyond impressive.

Count me in. Her albums are nothing to write home about but her run of singles is nearly impeccable.

I saw this and was excited. Then I saw "featuring Pitbull" like five times and was slightly less excited.

Anyway, I'm in. And I'll be rooting for 'I'm Real'... both of them.

'Feelin' So Good' is one of my favourite tracks, It had best get the respect it deserves.

Staff member

Want a Waiting For Tonight or Play win - looking forward to rating them all though!

This is definitely on my to-do list. I'd be ecstatic over a Get Right win but it's going to be Waiting for Tonight, isn't it? Not that I don't love Waiting for Tonight or anything.

RainOnFire

Staff member

The tags already...poor J. Lo.

And random side note but it sucks when a song gets a low score from someone while all the other scores are 9s and 10s. Siiigh.

Staff member

I want Hold It Don't Drop It to get the recognition it deserves!

Going to vote! But those Murder Remixes can do one. There's only one "Ain't It Funny" and that is the J.LO Version!