Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now

That was incredible. And ridiculous.

The question still remains "who is this for?!", but I think we all know the answer to that. It kinda makes me sad that this piece of very expensive work will largely receive eye-rolls, when it would be a revered masterpiece (well maybe not masterpiece but you know what I mean) under someone else's name.

Can't Get Enough also really miss-sells this. Rebound or Hummingbird would've been much better solo pieces.

I loved her music when I was in my early teens and cared less about… certain things, but nowadays I can’t really get past the weak voice. Can’t Get Enough is a bop, though.

So… the music isn’t really for me, anyway. But the sheer audacity of the project alone is hilarious and deeply odd, so I’m rooting for her.

I loved her having Fat Joe as her therapist.

I loved her music when I was in my early teens and cared less about… certain things, but nowadays I can’t really get past the weak voice. Can’t Get Enough is a bop, though.

So… the music isn’t really for me, anyway. But the sheer audacity of the project alone is hilarious and deeply odd, so I’m rooting for her.
The weak voice is fine, it’s the shrill one that is a chore.

Ultimately regardless of people’s thoughts on the album and movie, the main thing is she’s got a decent touring rep (in USA) behind her now and enough past hits she could tour those basically whenever she wants which of course is where the money is made these days. New material keeps it fresh for her and the hits are for the GP. She’ll be fine.

I would have liked to see this be a success to encourage some of the other artists who haven't released in a while to go all in again but yeah I feel like this just won't impact Jennifer really, I mean I'm sure she'll be disappointed but I feel like the tour will sell and she has a strong enough back catalogue for international dates if she wants to.

So will I have to endure weeks of 'J.Lo flops' now then or is this album/movie at least performing better in the US where there's been heavy promo?