Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now

I actually think Hearts and Flowers would have been a great lead single, even with the video from the movie because dance sequences are great. I would even say Rebound but I get it why she didn't because it would be weird to sell a great love story with a song about Rebound but I am glad it is being released now.

If the predictions are correct and this misses the top 20 completely it would be sad.

Streaming numbers will have let it down. Drake is at 8 with only 50 actual sales (predicted).

I don’t think it matters ultimately, but would have been nice for her to have scored another top ten album.

That's from HitsDailyDouble. That's their sales estimate for the week, taking into consideration 3 days of sales. They're usually pretty accurate.

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=339867&title=TOP-20%3A-VULTURES-FLY

Last edited:
Why was Rebound not the lead single for this? I swear to god, the things that keep feeding the trolls and putting her career (music-wise) in this weird situation are the choices she and her team make. She sounds perfect on this, yet she insists on doing these ballads with big vocal moments or covering rock classics to prove a completely pointless point.

Why was Rebound not the lead single for this? I swear to god, the things that keep feeding the trolls and putting her career (music-wise) in this weird situation are the choices she and her team make. She sounds perfect on this, yet she insists on doing these ballads with big vocal moments or covering rock classics to prove a completely pointless point.
“Rebound” seems like a strange song thematically to kick off a campaign focused on the Bennifer love story.

Rebound is easily the best song from here. It’s a shame they chose An**l AA for the feature cause it would’ve killed with someone actually not homophobic.

Had some time to sit with this and whew, she delivered! As an A.K.A. truther, I may be easily pleased - but this is just a really solid effort from her? It's rare to get something that feels so thought out / fully formed from an artist like JLo, much less in the latter stage of her career.

An album / movie / concert film / documentary all in the space of a fortnight? The girls half her age wish they had the stamina.

As for the lead single discussion, Can't Get Enough was the obvious choice. I think the only mistake was releasing the movie visual first. The remix video is a great addition to her videography, whereas the other is actually one of the weaker parts of the film.

Komm nach Deutschland, Jennifer!

Can’t Get Enough is a bit of the obvious choice for lead. Several hooks, a bit of old school JLo and perfect for the radio stations she could target nowadays. Rebound is a great songs but feels second or third single.

The movie is a mess but surprisingly entertaining. But as said before, it’s fascinating how many songs are not really elevated through visuals and to be honest, I had forgotten everything bar Rebound and Can’t Get Enough immediately after watching it.

Those UK numbers are awful but unsurprising. We’ve had zero promo and the last time she was here was Chime for Change (?) 11 years ago. No concerts for us anytime soon.