Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now

I thiiiiink this is PR but yeah
To be honest Amazon paid $90 million per episode for that Lord Of The Rings show no one watched so $30 million is like chump change to them.
I just remembered the Halsey movie had a one-day IMAX release and actually made back $1 million so they could've done that for Jennifer at least (if they hadn't announced how much it cost ddd).

And I took my time,
lotofwinterssummers, baby
camille-grammer-dance.gif

I’ll never understand the obsession with chart positions people have. Just enjoy the music if it’s up your street. JLO seriously isn’t losing sleep over it.
I personally am not obsessed and don't follow the charts much, but as a fan of pop music, it is also part of the game and interesting to see how the big names do on one of their main metrics. Especially since it is quite connected to our faves future. This may be less true for the ones in it for a couple decades, but it also indicates chances of more singles, tours and everything.

So while some really are obsessed - enough X accounts to prove that - I think a healthy discussion about how someone is failing or suceeding is not obsessive, but logical.

Plus it is always the same: Someone does good, everybody is celebrating. Someone flops and suddenly the charts are for losers. Boring.

What's the setlist? I can't seem to find it online.

Intro
Hearts and Flowers
Jenny From The Block
Rebound
This Time Around / Love Don't Cost a Thing
All I Have
Dear Ben, Pt. II / Dear Ben / Moments in Love
I'm Glad
Hummingbird
Broken Like Me
Can't Get Enought
Midnight Trip To Vegas / If You Had My Love
This Is Me...Now

Re: the charts - I think none of us here would expect her to bring in big numbers nor do wonders on the charts around the globe, but it would have been nice for her (and especially for the amount of promotion and work that she putted into this) to have a nice chart placement. This album was already some sort of surprise for most of the fans and for it to be a "chart failure" would mean that we could potentially don't expect new music from her.

he/him
I’ll never understand the obsession with chart positions people have. Just enjoy the music if it’s up your street. JLO seriously isn’t losing sleep over it.
No, but I don't think it's the worst thing to discuss chart positions in the week that music is being released. After all, every act out there would be lying if they said they didn't want chart success.

I also wanted this to be a success in the hope that it might prompt other artists to do more stuff like this in the future or for labels to pump a bit more money into visuals and 'experiences' for an album campaign again. But if this kinda flops then it'll do the opposite I fear.

Regardless, I'm enjoying the music a lot. I loved the movie and looking forward to the documentary. As a J.Lo fan, I feel very satisfied and lucky to have all this to feast upon.

Seems there's a lot of J.Lo haters on social media and a few of them popping up in here too.

I also wanted this to be a success in the hope that it might prompt other artists to do more stuff like this in the future or for labels to pump a bit more money into visuals and 'experiences' for an album campaign again. But if this kinda flops then it'll do the opposite I fear.

But the concept is great. This general concept behind the album like Beyonce does with the (sorry) visuals like a movie, and like Madonna did with Madame X and like J.Lo does now with the movie always excites me. But if the music isn't great, then...

The labels should really push these things as long as the music is great. ''This is me... Now'' wouldn't do great because the music isn't great. And I'm not saying it trying to start anything, the songs are ok and I'm sure it has its fans already but... yeah...

And no, I'm not a hater. The whole concept of the project is ridiculous but I do like that it has a concept and I was ready to be proven wrong. And I kinda was, I do like a couple of songs from the new album but that's it.

Last edited: