Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now

The album is far from perfect but it's consistently getting a lot of replays in my house. The only song I really still don't enjoy is the title track. It would have worked better as a little intro.
I was just going to post something similar. I keep coming back to this. This sounds like shade but I swear that it isn’t - it’s the perfect background music for cleaning and washing the dishes.

Last edited:
I really don’t understand the hate she’s getting online. People have gone far beyond slagging her off for the whole Play vocal credit thing to flat out stating she can’t and hasn’t sung a single note in her entire career. Like, really? Are they just hopping on a bandwagon or do they actually think she doesn’t sing at all? It doesn’t take much effort to go through her back catalogue, live performances and more.

She may not have the strongest vocals, but that isn’t everything. She has a great voice, bops for days, she can emote and she sells the hell out of everything with charisma. And oof, does she put on a show! I’m genuinely so confused.

Ps. I’m still loving this album.

She's getting dragged on Tik Tok at the moment. People are ripping into her from something she said in her docu, even people from the block are chiming in! It's pretty brutal.

Everyone is coming out of the woodwork sharing their experiences with her including people in the industry, people who have served her in restaurants etc even the crew from this documentary saying how unpleasant she is and how much of a nightmare to work with

Everyone is coming out of the woodwork sharing their experiences with her including people in the industry, people who have served her in restaurants etc even the crew from this documentary saying how unpleasant she is and how much of a nightmare to work with

Heard that before yes.

I kinda feel bad for her to be honest. She was so excited for this era.

The level of vitriol is still surprising to me - she needs better PR.

Yes, she's *extra* (which imo should be celebrated) and yes, her singing voice is unremarkable, but she's a decent actor and an undeniably fantastic performer? It's not like she's completely talentless and riding by solely on her looks/connections.

I think the bad ticket sales story reached the locals, but anything else is really silly stan wars. Sure some videos go a bit viral but people watch and forget them because shocker: most people just don't care who sang Play in the end, as long as it is a bop.

This current trend on TikTok of people who are discussing their experiences of meeting/working with J Lo couldn't have come at a worst time for her
If you're going to sing about being "down to Earth" and how you "put God first and can't forget to stay real" while acting in a way that is contrary to all of that, you can fully expect it to come back and bite you on the ass one day.

(I'm also in favour of a blanket ban on any and all conversations about who sang Play; there is literally nothing new to say. It's not even that good a song.)

If you're going to sing about being "down to Earth" and how you "put God first and can't forget to stay real" while acting in a way that is contrary to all of that, you can fully expect it to come back and bite you on the ass one day
Is the behavior in question from over 20 years ago like this song?

Is the behavior in question from over 20 years ago like this song?
How should I know? I've never worked for her. My point was that if you're going to sing about how humble and grounded you are, you're essentially drawing a target on your own back unless your actual behaviour is beyond reproach.

Seems fairly simple to understand and I don't think the age of the song is relevant.

How should I know? I've never worked for her. My point was that if you're going to sing about how humble and grounded you are, you're essentially drawing a target on your own back unless your actual behaviour is beyond reproach.

Seems fairly simple to understand and I don't think the age of the song is relevant.

I don't think what people sing about should be indictive of their behaviour off stage/out of the studio.
Not defending any arsey behaviour from any performer, but what a singer sings about is not real life - it's a performance.