Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now

I admire artists who do not want to go down the Greatest Hits only road, but for JLo it is the only shot, so I wonder why they didn't brand it as that from the beginning.

Probably because she’s done 2 world tours so far and both have been labeled Greatest Hits tours. The Dance Again World Tour came in support of the release of Dance Again…The Hits and the It’s My Party tour came in celebration of her 50th birthday and celebrating her career.

I understand wanting to be able to tour on just your new project but this one wasn’t it.

She/Her/Queen
The hate videos have bled into YT realm. But why is she charging more than Beyonce? Sis, we were rooting for you, you're giving them all these things to talk about!

Steps did something similar a few years back, rebranding their tour for their last album/s as more of a Greatest Hits. I don't think it's a bad move if it feels like the tour isn't selling and it encourages more people to attend. But clearly by doing that it generates the obvious ''they're not selling'' headlines. My YouTube recommendations are just littered with YouTubers dragging J.Lo it's so annoying.

Steps did something similar a few years back, rebranding their tour for their last album/s as more of a Greatest Hits. I don't think it's a bad move if it feels like the tour isn't selling and it encourages more people to attend. But clearly by doing that it generates the obvious ''they're not selling'' headlines. My YouTube recommendations are just littered with YouTubers dragging J.Lo it's so annoying.
Steps can sell on the nostalgia effect though, because they did plenty of touring back in their heyday. Jennifer doesn't have that option because - for the length of career she's had - she's hardly toured at all.

If she had really made touring a priority during the period covering those first four albums, she'd be in a better position to sell a tour now. Frankly, the world could live without most - if not all - of the films she made instead.

Steps can sell on the nostalgia effect though, because they did plenty of touring back in their heyday. Jennifer doesn't have that option because - for the length of career she's had - she's hardly toured at all.

If she had really made touring a priority during the period covering those first four albums, she'd be in a better position to sell a tour now. Frankly, the world could live without most - if not all - of the films she made instead.

Let's not be silly now.
Besides, acting is the one area where she's managed to carve out some respect and pedigree and the movies she did went a long way to doing that. She's always been an actress as much as a music performer. The fact she still manages to get such good roles and her movies still do decent numbers shows she was right to focus there. There's nothing to suggest she'd be in a better position tourwise, not that she's doing that badly either way.

Whilst she should have toured more earlier on, I actually don't think touring in 2000-2004 would make much of a difference to how her tour would sell today. If anything, the work she's done being so visible as a performer in the last 10 years or so (Super Bowl, awards shows, vegas, two tours) helps her a lot more.

I think ultimately unless this latest project was a massive smash, touring off the back of it was always setting herself up when a more general 'the hits' tour is far more palatable to the masses.

Whilst she should have toured more earlier on, I actually don't think touring in 2000-2004 would make much of a difference to how her tour would sell today. If anything, the work she's done being so visible as a performer in the last 10 years or so (Super Bowl, awards shows, vegas, two tours) helps her a lot more.
Her recent exposure does help, yes, but I think she'd be in a better position if the two were able to work in tandem. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

For instance, while the renewed exposure has undoubtedly helped massively, it's not on the Superbowl performance in isolation that Usher has managed to sell 10 (!) nights at the O2. Casual or lapsed fans who haven't been around for every tour/album era got a reminder of the Usher concert(s) they went to back in the day and decided it was a good time to relive the past. In Jennifer's case, that isn't there because her fans didn't get the chance to attend a concert until she was arguably past the peak of her career - and that's if they got it at all, as the tours she eventually did weren't particularly extensive.

This "should have been a greatest hits from the start" stuff is bull. As already posted, she's done a greatest hits tour, Vegas, and the 50th it's my party tour..

Those in themselves are essentially greatest hits stuff.

She should be doing stuff outside of America to try and build rapport there really. Do a Wembley Arena or Royal Albert Hall, followed by a show in Amsterdam, France, Spain, Italy etc. She only needs to do 10 or so shows and it will be a start at least.
Then, do a small US tour, maybe 15 dates which will help the sales figures.

Her recent exposure does help, yes, but I think she'd be in a better position if the two were able to work in tandem. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.

For instance, while the renewed exposure has undoubtedly helped massively, it's not on the Superbowl performance in isolation that Usher has managed to sell 10 (!) nights at the O2. Casual or lapsed fans who haven't been around for every tour/album era got a reminder of the Usher concert(s) they went to back in the day and decided it was a good time to relive the past. In Jennifer's case, that isn't there because her fans didn't get the chance to attend a concert until she was arguably past the peak of her career - and that's if they got it at all, as the tours she eventually did weren't particularly extensive.
I think in this case two things can be true at the same time, many people are buying Usher tickets because they haven't seen him previously.

This "should have been a greatest hits from the start" stuff is bull. As already posted, she's done a greatest hits tour, Vegas, and the 50th it's my party tour..

Those in themselves are essentially greatest hits stuff.

She should be doing stuff outside of America to try and build rapport there really. Do a Wembley Arena or Royal Albert Hall, followed by a show in Amsterdam, France, Spain, Italy etc. She only needs to do 10 or so shows and it will be a start at least.
Then, do a small US tour, maybe 15 dates which will help the sales figures.

But when it comes to selling out shows, no one is filling an arena to see This Is Me Now live sadly. It would be different had the album sold and she'd of had hits from it. JLO to most audiences is a legacy act and to go and see her they want the hits. Regardless of the other tours, it makes far greater sense to rebrand it as such.

And as much as I want her to tour internationally, from a business perspective it's more of a nice to have than a need. She'll have far more lucrative projects lined up that fill the time instead, as has always been the curse of her touring career.