Jennifer Lopez - This Is Me… Now

She hasn’t been with Marc in over a decade though?
You seem to be missing the point that so many of us are making. None of us think Jennifer is perfect or that some of those stories might be true. But loads of them scream as fake and attention seeking just to jump on a bandwagon. Or they take totally normal stories and make it seem like the worst thing in the world. “My mums friend worked in a hospital when Jlo had her twins and apparently she was yelling and angry” as if being in labour with twins isn’t something that would make you on edge or scream out in pain.

Also, these stories are often just one side of the fact, and likely embellished to make it sound more awful.

Some people just get a kick out of being nasty and spreading misery and it’s utterly bizarre.
That tweet literally mentions she likes to see Jennifer fail and gets a kick out of it. Why give it attention? Not to mention it doesn’t say she was the issue but her team was, maybe they were the issue and wanted KFC?

I just don't see the point in pushing this narrative in here? Free discussion for all of course, and people can express if she's not your thing, but it feels a bit counter productive on a topic for the artist? There's artists I can't stand, but I wouldn't go into their thread and post random engagement-farming negative posts about them.

It feels bandwagon'ey to me, especially when there is enough of that going on online without it seeping in here.
I went to her last tour and was at the screening for This Is Me... Now where she was standing a few rows away from me. I can like her and admit the backlash is not 100% unwarranted or fabricated. I shared the tweets to show that not everyone is making stuff up out of thin air for engagement. There are users in this thread who have shared first hand bad experiences with her. There's no smoke without fire. At the end of the day, she's still dirt rich and the little people still live from paycheck to paycheck so surely she can weather through a few bad stories about her!

Except those tweets read like she is making stuff up or embellishing because she likes the see Jennifer fail and wants to join the pile on.
And they keep retweeting anything that involves being cruel towards Jen too.

Last edited:
Except those tweets read like she is making stuff up or embellishing because she likes the see Jennifer fail and wants to join the pile on.
And they keep retweeting anything that involves being cruel towards Jen too.
She allegedly made her day job miserable, of course she's still holding grudges?

I don't want to drag this out any further, but she made a good point - having talent does not excuse you from treating others with disrespect. This may be her reap-what-you-sow moment that she has to wade through, but it will pass. Having a critically acclaimed movie or a hit will help drown out the noise, of course, otherwise it gets amplified.

I went to her last tour and was at the screening for This Is Me... Now where she was standing a few rows away from me. I can like her and admit the backlash is not 100% unwarranted or fabricated. I shared the tweets to show that not everyone is making stuff up out of thin air for engagement. There are users in this thread who have shared first hand bad experiences with her. There's no smoke without fire. At the end of the day, she's still dirt rich and the little people still live from paycheck to paycheck so surely she can weather through a few bad stories about her!
We’re talking a handful of negative reports (if they’re to be believed) for a 30+ year career that’s likely engaged with thousands of people over that time.

What’s the purpose of pushing that she might not be a lovely person 100% of the time? Do we boycott her? Do we shut the thread down? Do we burn our CDs? Like what’s the goal? It just feels like a concentrated effort to try to cancel her.

She allegedly made her day job miserable, of course she's still holding grudges?

I don't want to drag this out any further, but she made a good point - having talent does not excuse you from treating others with disrespect. This may be her reap-what-you-sow moment that she has to wade through, but it will pass. Having a critically acclaimed movie or a hit will help drown out the noise, of course, otherwise it gets amplified.

Allegedly being the optimum word here. And honestly it reads more like her team being difficult than her? Let’s not pretend that entourages etc can’t use their positions to be difficult. And even private planes have schedules they need to stick to and flight plans etc so maybe they just couldn’t wait any longer for KFC?
Either way holding onto a grudge for over a decade is just sad really, especially when it’s clear that it’s not even an issue anymore.

Why keep dragging it up if you don’t want to carry it in? You’re just perpetuating the issue by giving attention to these tweets.

Jennifer is human. She has bad days and likely has lashed out or been a pain. Find me someone who hasn’t.

Also the Ellen comparison doesn't stand when her entire branding was around the 'Be kind' façade. If we're gonna call out JLo for being difficult to work with, let's start talking about the rest of the industry mama. Particularly the men that get 2nd or 3rd chances, career revivals and barely a slap on the wrist for being quirky.

She's just an easy target because she's not considered cool or nostalgic enough. But I have to say I'm really impressed with the snowballing of this situation and how it translated to traditional media further. Few people still have the pedigree to gather unanimous, old-school celebrity gossip like this anymore. Nasty but also shows how much currency she still holds no matter how much people want to talk shit about her.

Sorry your faves have better NDAs and bubble audiences!

Even if Jennifer's worst crime is being an egocentric monster 1) who would be that shocked?* and 2) she'd still be looking fairly innocent compared to some of the industry that people still support.

And as if a badly reviewed J.Lo movie is newsworthy. Yeah it's unfortunate that it seems to be a domino effect of flops at the moment, but that's usually how it goes and frankly she's been in this position more times than she's actually had acclaim and commercial success.

*For what it's worth I think she's always been somewhat of an endearing maniac.

While likability is usually longed for since it makes it easier to market people, I will say that I don’t believe celebrities necessarily have to be likable in order for people to consume their products. Honestly, there are a myriad of celebrities that are clearly not very nice people and will not be your best friend.

It becomes a problem when lines are crossed that are unforgivable. When celebrities commit crimes, support abusers and/or act homophobic, racist, misogynistic and xenophobic then that’s the point where I wouldn’t be able to consume their product.

Do I believe that Jennifer is a stingy, rude person that lives in her own bubble and think it doesn’t stink when she goes number two? Absolutely but that’s not gonna stop me from enjoying her output occasionally.

In this day and age so many people hold celebs to such ridiculous standards and believe they need to be total angels and have no flaws whatsoever. And the reality is that they are all like us, full of flaws but (mostly) still inherently decent. It's also maddening when people find out a celeb has a flaw and suddenly it's time to cancel them and if you still support them you are a monster.

Random divert but on topic, I was browsing the Richard Madden tag on some site for a certain gif the other week and the amount of pearl clutching I saw over him and people saying they are done with him was staggering. His crime? Not being more active on social media and not doing more work. As if he owes his fans total insight to his life and must work himself to an early grave so they get more content. Also some drivel about him being a smoker.

Celeb worship culture is absurd on both ends of the spectrum.

She's been like this since the early 90's when she called Cameron Diaz a "lucky model" in print and immediately had to backtrack due to the backlash.