Jennifer Lopez

I think we're at a point where studios want something up their sleeve for when theatres are open worldwide to be able to cash in on what will inevitably be huge box office numbers regardless of what film is on the menu. The idea that they're holding it back simply because it's too good for VOD is tickling me.

While I'm disappointed in having to wait for that album/movie I do see the logic of waiting.

I know I'm in crazy land here but wouldn't it be perfect if she could just put an album before then - it's been 7 years at this point. In The Morning is clearly an example that she's still recording beyond that soundtrack so you never know. Like lots of you recently I've done a bit of a go through of her discography and it's made me even more hungry for more.

She could easily collect all her Spanish singles/features (2016-present) together as a digital only album and promote that with a new track over the summer. Surely based on just those tracks streaming numbers that would be one of her biggest selling albums, no?

I think we're at a point where studios want something up their sleeve for when theatres are open worldwide to be able to cash in on what will inevitably be huge box office numbers regardless of what film is on the menu. The idea that they're holding it back simply because it's too good for VOD is tickling me.
I’m on the exact same page. I don’t believe any studio is holding films due to their quality - they’re only holding/pushing things they expect &/or need to be profitable. Universal seems to still be making significant change off their VOD releases, but with the vaccine now rolling out, I think they (and other studios) are more likely to just delay major tentpool releases instead of risking the non-theatrical loss.

WHAT?! How random! I wonder why this got shelved considering they had a video ready to go. It's basic of course but quite fun and Jenny sounds and looks amazing in it. It would have made for a cute summer bop, and who knows maybe it could have translated into a minor hit.

Edit: so apparently it's from 2012 so I guess they decided to go with Goin' In instead? We lost.

Last edited: