Jennifer Lopez

I hate greatest hits that just run in release order. It shows lack of imagination. I appreciate when they mix things up and figure out a way for old and new tracks to flow nicely.

I do agree that so much time has passed she could easily re-record Play with a version of her singing the chorus and omit Christina Milian's vocals but... whether that will ever happen now, I don't know. I don't think she ever really loved the song to start with, did she?

She called it one of her favourite songs of the album here at 6:35

I have seen that. I've also seen somewhere else where she says she never wanted to record it. So who knows.
If the video is to be believed, she said she hated the demo but Tommy Mottola twisted her arm into recording it and she ended it loving the final version. I think the story is plausible, but it could’ve also been what she said (it being her favorite) just because she was about to push it as the second single from her album.

It’s still one of my favorites nonetheless.

Whether or not they're really dating, this old school publicity stunt vibe of this whole thing might make me stan!

I know people gave him grief back in the day for his "J.Lo make-over" but he looks amazing in the left pic. He needs to shave and ditch the cigarette.

I hate greatest hits that just run in release order. It shows lack of imagination. I appreciate when they mix things up and figure out a way for old and new tracks to flow nicely.

I do agree that so much time has passed she could easily re-record Play with a version of her singing the chorus and omit Christina Milian's vocals but... whether that will ever happen now, I don't know. I don't think she ever really loved the song to start with, did she?
If the material is strong and you consistently score 2-3 hits with every era, you have nothing to fear? I love chronological Greatest Hits if the source material is ideal. Just look at Immaculate Collection.