Jennifer Lopez | Page 276 | The Popjustice Forum

Jennifer Lopez

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Aamyko, Mar 10, 2008.

1. I miss her annual cheap RedOne/Pitbull collabs. A simpler time.

Jamie, LPT, neinzedd and 21 others like this.

2. She should have given us a fierce video for this. Perfect summer jam!

LPT, davidbesan, Gardenia and 2 others like this.
  3. I always had a feeling there was a video for this, considering the artwork which has otherwise never been seen. I can imagine it being a still from a video.

zephyr likes this.
  4. I loved the Netflix documentary so much. It’s easy to forget just how much she does. She’s an all-round entertainer and works so goddamn hard at all her endeavours.

I had no idea how much difficulty she faced doing the Super Bowl show. She made it look so seamless and easy. It was definitely a stupid idea to have the show co-headlined but she really made it work.

She gets dogged on a lot for loads of reasons but I’ll stan her to the very end!

Jamie, neinzedd, LGStan93 and 4 others like this.
  5. I just finished it too. I've not known a lot about her, but she came across really well. Although I think she's an amazing performer (I've watched that Super Bowl show more times than I care to admit!) I've always found her albums pretty...patchy.

Aside from the singles, what's everyone's highlights? And what albums would you all recommend? The strongest for me was always On The 6, but even that felt a bit filler-y.

LGStan93 likes this.
  6. Island

Island Staff Member

Go with LOVE?

7. Her best album is This Is Me...Then. But if you just want the best collection of jams, then yea, Love? or J.Lo.

Subspace88 likes this.
  8. This is me... is definitely her most timeless album.

Love? aged like milk for me. It's very of it's time.

I'm probably one of the few that really enjoyed Rebirth though (the first half at least).

9. This Is Me is probably her most cohesive, but as far as maintaining quality from start to finish I'd say Brave is her only 'good' album (and even that has a couple of fillers).

The LOVE? stuff is really dated.

Mr.Arroz and AbSynth like this.
  10. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

The One
    Cherry Pie
    Mile In These Shoes
    Brave
    Hypnotico

I think these are the album tracks that are most agreed upon as her best. And then after these five, it depends who you ask. Personally I love Step Into My World, Stay Together, Frozen Moments, and (What Is) Love?.

Vasilios likes this.
  11. Cerry Pie and Stay Together are bops.

neinzedd likes this.
  12. Most of her orphan singles post AKA are bops. Her Spanish output has been pretty great.

zephyr and theincredibleflipper like this.
  13. Cherry Pie is by far the most criminally overlooked potential single in her career. A top tier bop. Put me in the camp that doesn't really like Rebirth, but that track is a career highlight. Mile In These Shoes and Brave are probably the other two songs I would say really should have been singles. Brave got abandoned too early. Probably not the best idea to put out an album when you're 7 months pregnant.

Most of her albums are of their time, so I don't apply the sounding aged issue to any of them.

LPT, Amnesia, AbSynth and 1 other person like this.
  14. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

If I remember correctly 'Cherry Pie' was sent to radio and was meant to get a full single treatment, but 'Hold You Down' flopped for 2005 standards and Rebirth died an early death sales-wise and then the whole Payola controversy came out and effectively killed the album.

Jamie, Nephilim and Drew like this.
  15. Hold You Down is so bad. All I Have it is not.

Ferk, AlmostFamous and matthew. like this.
  16. Her best albums for me are J.Lo, This Is Me… Then, and Brave. And of course, the remix album knocks. I used to rank LOVE? favorably, but after a revisit, it really didn’t age that well.

GimmeWork and AbSynth like this.
  17. I always find myself disappointed when the album version of On The Floor comes on as opposed to the radio edit. The song did not need those added moments and a fade out.

On a similar note, the demo or whatever early version of the song it is that has both of Pitbull's raps right at the start in one long verse always makes me howl. Were they really gonna ship Jennifer's big comeback song where you barely hear Jennifer for the first 90 seconds?

18. Oh I disagree! If anything I prefer the extended 6 minute mix.

The demo was weird with the Pitbull onslaught but at least it had the great middle 8.

zephyr likes this.
  19. It seemed at the time that Mile In These Shoes was being lined up for release when it got used as the promo song for ‘Desperate Housewives’ that year but ah well. A bop regardless.

Robbietoxic likes this.
    LPT, 3Xs and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.