Jenny Berggren - Gotta Go

Second single of Jenny Berggren (ex-Ace Of Base) was premiered today on Swedish radio and it's another amazing pop-song. Forthcoming album is planned for September 15th and if it will be as good as first two singles it will be one of the best Swedish pop-albums this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyQOgvwXTM4

T

Tommie

I guess this is an attempt to cash in on the Ace of Base-scandal?

Actually she has started her solo-career already around year ago - long before Ace Of Base officially announced their new staff.

T

Tommie

Out said:
Actually she has started her solo-career already around year ago - long before Ace Of Base officially announced their new staff.

I know she did - but lyrically it sounds very much like a "Goodbye Ace of Base" song, which is probably why the label went for it after "Here I Am" did badly.

Got it =) Sounds smart but not effective, finally it's not such a huge drama to get too much attention if people won't be buying this record.

I really love this new single. Here I Am was a good start and I feel the album will be great.
Oh, and Gotta Go will be released on 15th September and the album "My Story" in early October.

Oooh, just found out on Jenny's facebook that they moved album's release from September 15th to undefined future. Though sure it's quite logical as Here I Am wasn't as successful as they expected and they need to promote new single more.

D

Deleted member 312

Ooooh this is really good. I've literally just watched the All For You video (oh dear) and this song is far more my cup of chai. I think I may even like it more than Here I Am (which I love).

F

funk2funk

This is much better than AOBs new stuff I have heard... This actually feels more like an AOB single to me...

Great song :)

I was impressed with HERE I AM but GOTTA GO has such American radio-friendly appeal... I remember years ago Jenny spent some time in Nashville and I've always wondered what came of her time there. GOTTA GO is the kind of thing that could have a radio edit for North America that incorporates more of these sensibilities and actually be commercially viable... At least for A/C radio!

I love it!

I think this is a big improvement on the last single, and I'm now looking forward to the album. Don't think she's ever going to make a good living as a solo artist though.

Here's the album cover :

jennyberggrenmystory.jpg

I love the single cover, the album one is alright.
The song is cute, but I preferred the first single. I'm still gonna look out for the album though.