Jenny Berggren - 'Here I Am'

Much better compared to her first solo song released. I'm listening to it on you tube on my iPhone so can't wait to hear a better quality version at home. She does sound amazing from what I hear.

I"

Osiris said:
I wasn't talking about sales but credibility and public perception.

They've never had credibility or a good public perception anywhere though, not just Sweden.

They do seem to be getting a lot more respect now though than what they used to. The Swedes I've spoken to about it have lot of affection and pride for what they achieved internationally. And of course in the US you have artists like Katy Perry saying that she wants her new album to sound like them, and then you have Lady GaGa actually making music that sort of references them.

Which is all very good!

A little bit off topic (jn relation to scandipop's earlier post) is The Bridge really considered a flop? it sold 7 million world wide & even made #1 in Sweden.

I know the singles were a little hit & miss everywhere & in the U.K the album was a total flop, but it seemed to be very successful?

I really love this song now, it's made me wonder if the album will be just as good? I hope so.

The Bridge had the hard task to follow a 23 million selling album... I wouldn't say it's a flop.

Anyway, Jenny just posted this on facebook regarding Ace of Base: "You are wrong about me leaving Ace of Base. I just want to make everybody sure I have not left the group. Ace of Base is still the original members. We are bounded by law and by heart..."

T

Tommie

Right_Direction said:
A little bit off topic (jn relation to scandipop's earlier post) is The Bridge really considered a flop? it sold 7 million world wide & even made #1 in Sweden.

It's not a flop, but like Osiris said it was slightly disappointing considering how huge their debut was. The fact that they then started to fade away quickly did not help matters.

Realistically it was never going to match or come close to the sales of Happy Nation/ The Sign, even if it was a much better album (which it was).

But yeah I see what you're both saying & I agree.

Osiris said:
Anyway, Jenny just posted this on facebook regarding Ace of Base: "You are wrong about me leaving Ace of Base. I just want to make everybody sure I have not left the group. Ace of Base is still the original members. We are bounded by law and by heart..."

She must still be getting people sending her messages about it, must drive her round the bend!

They've done alright with the video, and Jenny looks good. I'm still distinctly unexcited about her solo project though, which surprises me.

The videos quite nice, the only bit I don't like is when she's wearing the hat.

With the right dance mix, this song could be huge, it has a very good chorus.

D

Deleted member 312

AcerBen said:
Well I'm a big AoB fan (obv) but this is just okay. I'm more excited to hear what Jonas and Ulf come up with the new 2 singers. Put it this way, if this had been an AoB comeback single I'd be HUGELY disappointed. It's just nothing special at all.

Really? I think it's better than everything from Da Capo bar Show Me Love and maybe Beautiful Morning. The more I listen to it the more I love it actually.

I really hope the new AoB stuff is good, but for me this is just as close to being a new AoB single as the new AoB single will be, if that makes any sense...!

How amazing would it be if she stormed the charts around the globe with this song and the album, eclipsing the success of even Happy Nation?! (I'm aware this will never happen, but there would be a certain poetic justice about the whole thing...)

scandipop said:
Osiris said:
I wasn't talking about sales but credibility and public perception.

They've never had credibility or a good public perception anywhere though, not just Sweden.

They do seem to be getting a lot more respect now though than what they used to. The Swedes I've spoken to about it have lot of affection and pride for what they achieved internationally. And of course in the US you have artists like Katy Perry saying that she wants her new album to sound like them, and then you have Lady GaGa actually making music that sort of references them.

Which is all very good!

ABBA never got any public respect until 10 years after they split up, so AOB won't be much different. They'll be recognised eventually, but it will come with more time passing. You don't sell that many albums and have that many instantly recognisable hits and get remembered as trash... it'll just come with time

Last night she performed 'Free Me', and electro remix of 'All That She Wants', 'Here I Am', and a slight remix of 'Beautiful Life'.

It was a good show for a nightclub PA. She entered in a black sequinned straight jacket, did some dramatics, and a video played behind her showing some clips of Ace of Base videos. Then she launched into her set, giving us two slight outfit changes throughout.

Also, everyone who paid club entrance got a copy of her single. And I think that still counts as being chart eligible, so she should get a high new entry in the Swedish singles chart next week (it doesn't take a lot of sales to get a high position).

She is gorgeous in the video. Nice wardrobe, hair and makeup . The video is so so but that's understandable.

I'm not sure I like her but the song is a surprise.

She'll be on the charts then. How many people were at the club?