Jens Lekman | The Popjustice Forum

Jens Lekman

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by David_X, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Jens Lekman - Your Arms Around Me

I know i'm three years tardy to the party but how fucking brilliant is this song? I'm actually addicted. It's become my life. Summer is well and truly over and yet i'm still feeling the need to hammer it insatiably.

It's the perfect mix of laid-back and dance. Any other fans?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2020
    jakeyfw likes this.
  2. Tommie

Tommie Guest

Yes. Jens Lekman has some nice songs.

3. Jens is one of my favorite musicians and this song beautiful.

Minorkey likes this.
  4. I haven't heard much of his stuff but he seems to have a real cult following. New album coming five years after the last. New single is 'What's That Perfume That You Wear'. It's all about the chorus which is a bit Morrissey goes tropical!

5. He's the best. I'm cautiously excited for this project, the new songs didn't do much for me in their live acoustic forms, but this album will be the first time he outsourced production duties to Ewan Pearson, and there's a new duet with Tracey Thorn. WTPTYW is very Gothenburg indie circa 2008 though (Air France, Tough Alliance).

Noir likes this.
  6. Wait this is AMAZING. Who would've known Jens of all people would be delivering the bops in 2017?

7. mynextrick and Noir like this.
  8. Loving Evening Prayer.

9. The album is out and it's awesome.

How We Met, The Long Version is a bopppppppp.

10. Seconded; it's so good.

Noir likes this.
  11. I'm very into this album. It's so good. I'm glad How We Met got a video cause it's one of the best.

Minorkey and backstreetjoe like this.
  12. Jens' U.S. tour is starting this week and he re-released some of his older tracks onto the internet:

I think some of the tracks also have been re-recorded, probably due to samples (I only skipped through a few but "I Saw Her in the Anti-War Demonstration," "Black Cab," and "Maple Leaves" are definitely different) and, according to the tour description, it seems like he will be playing a bulk of older tracks from this album versus "Night Falls Over Kortedala" and new tracks as well!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.