Jessica Mauboy - Yours Forever

They appear to have actually spent some money on this one and thought the promotion through a little. Weird. Jessica is cute though.

I know Jessica Mauboy can sing, so I have NFI as to why the vocals sound overly autotuned. Flo-Rida's rap is superfluous and strongly reeks of "let's chuck an American rapper with some name recognition on so we can drum up some more sales".

Generic R&B/Electro fare, but that's popular at the moment. The song should do reasonably well down here.

Liking the first single, and she can sing (which makes a nice change!)- but come on, there is no need for Flo Rida or his tacky gold chain thing. He seems to whoring himself out to anyone with a record deal at the moment!!

I really like this song, glad people have noticed her on here. I put it as my myspace sonh I actually liked the song so much. Was shocked when I first found out she is aussie.

As luck would have it I work for the NHS in Sexual Health and we were looking for some music to accompany our latest chlamydia & thrush campaigns. That will do just fine.

Re: Jessica Mauboy - Burn

You would think they would have gone a little easier on the lyrics but maybe they were looking to sell this into ads for antibiotics…

Was quite a pleasant surprise to see her as song of the day, I've been a big fan since I heard her version of Night Of My Life and currently have her album ordered and on the way to Ireland, hurrah!

I prefer 'Running Back', I'm addicted to that track! But this is good too. Anyone heard her album? It's excellent, not one track that I don't like.

I'm also glad someone got to release 'Let Me Be Me' because I loved the clip of the orginal Trinity Stone version but their full version never leaked. Suites her voice just as well.

Hopefully she is destined for big things.
Great voice, great look and very humble.
Check out one of the best B-sides ever in a song of hers called Magical.
You won't be disappointed.
And her album is quite nice as well.

Re: Jessica Mauboy - General Discussion

LOVE Jessica Mauboy!!!
The album has a few filler tracks but 'Burn' is absolutely fantastic so that more than makes up for that :) Goes w/o saying that 'Running Back' is also brilliant!
I'm not 100% with the names of the songs yet but I really like the fast one which sounds like it could be out of a cheerleading routine (I think it's one of the last few songs on the album).

Re: Jessica Mauboy - General Discussion

Isn't there already an album thread? She's not interesting nor exciting enough to talk "generally" about.

But yes, I like "Burn".

There are five very good songs on her album.

Running Away, Burn, Empty, To The Floor and Up/Down. The whole thing's very wel produced though, even the crap tracks have some shine.

do1frood said:
As luck would have it I work for the NHS in Sexual Health and we were looking for some music to accompany our latest chlamydia & thrush campaigns. That will do just fine.

Best topic start EVER.

Numerology said:
There are five very good songs on her album.

Running Away, Burn, Empty, To The Floor and Up/Down. The whole thing's very wel produced though, even the crap tracks have some shine.

Agreed! To The Floor is particularly good.