Jessica Mauboy - Yours Forever

I was really excited for the album when I though it was coming off the back of Automatic, Glow and Right Here Right Now.

But I'm definitely feeling less enthusiastic about it now. Not sure if it's been the long roll out, or something else.

The clip of Yours Forever she shared made me a bit unsure this album is going to be up my street.

Has she been doing much promotion/ is there much lined up?

In other news, she won't be returning to The Voice Australia as a coach for the next season.

I actually really like Flashback. It's not 10/10 good but the chorus is really catchy. But everything else is just mid. It's such a shame as she is so likeable.

I think there's way too many slow and mid-tempos on this album, it needed some tracks with a bit more oomph to balance it out (I'm not surprised this is the case though).

I'll give it a few more spins, but on first listen Never Giving Up is an immediate standout.

I love Jessica and I will be seeing her this afternoon. I know its the trend at the moment where albums are full of jingles, not songs but I am surprised at how short all these songs are. They all sound great as stand alone songs, but there really isn't a cohesiveness here; no theme.

Aside from the singles, I really like 'Whitney', 'Underwater', 'Tell 'Em' and 'Little Too Late' are great. All with the exception of 'Whitney' could use an extra 30-45 seconds to round and complete the songs.

I think I prefer Yours Forever to Hilda on the second listen, but I'm not sure it's saying much as both are equally mediocre and not what I expect from her at all.

Was there another album in the works when she released "Glow" and "Automatic"? It's honestly crazy to think what we could have gotten instead.

I think I prefer Yours Forever to Hilda on the second listen, but I'm not sure it's saying much as both are equally mediocre and not what I expect from her at all.

Was there another album in the works when she released "Glow" and "Automatic"? It's honestly crazy to think what we could have gotten instead.
I'm pretty sure. I imagine it would've been called The Boss Lady since that was the name of the tour at the time.

Ok I'm hammering this. I really like it.
Whitney is incredible.
She really does have an amazing voice. I like it when an album pleasantly surprises!

he / him
I've taken a liking to the Miiesha collab, "Little Too Late."

I'd love for Jess to link up with Miiesha's collaborator, IAMMXO.